Chapter 17

"What do I call you?" I look over at Hades who I thought was sleeping.
The Albanians have been dealt with and Ita found all the girls.

"Whatever you'd like." Everyone does. "What would you like me to call you?" No one has ever asked that before. "I don't care." I decide.

We are silent for the rest of the trip. Once in Athens, we board a private jet to a remote air strip. I am surprised by how much luggage Hades brought with him. How many clothes does that man wear?
Although, now that I think of it, I have never seen him repeat clothes.
A gorgeous woman is waiting next to a sleek car. Is that a Genesis G90?
I was expecting a fleet of Rolls-Royce or Lamborghini new models. I have never seen a mafia boss travel like this. I'm not sure how I feel about it.

"Seph." Hades greets with a broad smile. She just nods at him with her eyes on me. I am honestly struck by how attractive this woman is.
She looks like she is in her early twenties. Her dark brown hair looks soft and rich, her brown eyes look like pools of dark chocolate framed by the longest lashes I have ever seen. She has that perfect peachy complexion people love, with radiant skin.
Her clothes are a bit masculine, but on her, they work. She honestly looks like a mix between a Greek goddess and badass biker chick. I remember her.

"This is Helen. She is going to be helping me with something." Hades introduces. Helen it is then.
"Helen, this is Seph. She will not hesitate to shoot you if you annoy her. Watch out for this one." His tone is much lighter and slightly playful. Is there something going on here?
I give Seph a nod which she returns before moving to the driver's side.
I help the struggling hostess fit our luggage in the trunk before taking a seat in the back with Hades.

"I hope you don't mind me asking, but what's your role in the mafia?" I ask after we have left the strip.
"Seph is our second in command."
"Second?" The top two spots in the mafia are held by women?
"How did you get that position?"
"Fought hard, proved myself." She answers. I can respect that.
"What?" Hades asks me.
"It's refreshing. Most mafias are boys' clubs. I love seeing women leading this one."
"They are not leading just because they are women. They worked and proved themselves." Hades defends.

"I gathered as much. That is what is so refreshing."
"Interesting accent you have there. Can't quite place it." Seph comments from the driver's seat.
"I have picked up a little of everywhere, it seems."
"I detect Spanish and Italian mixed with some American." She continues. "Sounds right." She has quite the ear.
She has probably made me.

"Yes, we have met before Seph. I was a waitress in Athens." There is no point hiding now.
"When was this?"
"Last year." She answers him. I can tell he has questions but he is holding off. Smart man.

We are travelling through the woods for thirty minutes before we reach a huge gate. The wall is hidden by the thick vegetation. Seph talks into the intercom and the large gate opens. We drive for another five minutes before the trees clear out and a huge mansion is in view. It is not as big as the one in Italy but the design is more modern with glass walls and fascinating architecture. It is gorgeous. She drives around to an underground garage full with cars. Okay, about fifteen, but that's a lot. And they're all luxury cars.

A man comes down dressed formal. I'd say a butler. "Welcome back, mikró liontaraki." I really have to learn Greek. "Good to be home." Hades nods at him, "Whichever luggage is not mine, put in the room across from mine." He instructs. The man immediately starts moving. Hmm, pofessional but with a bit of friendliness.
"Follow me."

The interior of the house is sleek and modern with a few rustic touches. I do appreciate the high ceilings. I love high ceilings.
I follow him to a large kitchen with two people in it.

"Adam, Rosa, this is my guest. She will be staying here indefinitely in the room across from mine." The two nod before Hades looks at me, "Anything for them to know?"
"Nothing, really. If it isn't too much trouble, I love spicy food and I try to avoid coconut if possible." They both nod and I smile as I follow Hades out.

We come across a very handsome man in a suit walking hurriedly while on his phone "Emery! This is Helen. She is a new asset."
"Got it." He looks to be in a rush.
"That is Emery." I nod along while following him to a lounge where Andy and two men are sitting. I know Emery.
"Rose?" She asks inquisitively. He didn't tell her?
"Helen here was behind the hack at New York. She was working for the Italians." Talk about throwing me under the bus. Everyone then glares at me.
"The hack was just a security breach. Nothing was taken. I just wanted you to come to me." I defend. "How did you know who we were?" Right, "Took me a year of surveillance."

"You've been following us for a year?" Michael asks, "How did we not know?" Lucas asks next. "I am good at my job." That's all they need to know.
"She was behind our little problem with the Albanians. Wanted to draw me out." He continues.
"Why is she here?" She does not seem as angry as I thought she would be.
"Kyle." Kyle? Is that who I am looking for. Andy's face darkens before she nods.

"Get settled in, you start work tomorrow."
Whoever this Kyle is really pissed these people off. Hades drags me upstairs where we encounter another young attractive female. "Delphine, this is our guest, Helen."
"Helen, this is our housekeepers, Delphine."
"Pleasure to meet you." I greet her. "Manners. Good, we'll get along just fine." She says then walks away. That was odd.

"Here is your room." He opens the door and I am Wowed. This room is beautiful. It is minimalist in different shades of grey with hints of green. I like it.
"You can pack or rest up. Dinner is at 8:30." And with that, he is gone.

I check my phone and find a text from Savat.

Susanna has resurfaced with a small army in Hungary.

So she is finally ready to come out of hiding. Another player joins the frey.

Ask Sandy to look into her.

Already done. Are you in with the Greek?

Working on it. How is Ita?

Stubborn.

So when am I coming to Greece?

Three days

Yes!!

Things are finally coming together.