Chapter 44

"Hello, Helen." I roll my eyes at Melly's accusing tone.

That is not going to happen today.

"You two are lucky as hell that I love you. How did you let yourselves get captured?" I'm happy to see them, but they annoyed the fuck out of me.

"In our defence, we didn't know we were being captured." Pam says,

"How do you not know you are being captured?"

"He said he was the back-up back-up plan. And he knew all this stuff about you. He said you sent him." Melly tries to defend.

"And you believed him? That easy? You didn't think to check with Savat?"
Do these girls realise how much danger they could have been in?

"We tried, he said Savat was compromised and couldn't communicate. He even knew Savat!"
He must have had a jammer.

"We're okay now. We got your signal, we were ready for a worst case scenario." Pam tries to be calming.

That was a long shot. I didn't know if they would recognise it for what it was.
Our emergency signal is putting your hair up. In honour of Isabella.
Tapping your feet three times is a confirmation of signal received and ready to proceed with plan. In honour of Caroline. She tapped her feet a lot.

I do not know what I would have done had I not seen the subtle tap of Melly's heels on the video.

"You shouldn't have been in that situation to begin with." So many things could have gone wrong.

"Honestly, I would have followed him even if he told me he was going to dismember me. That man is FINE!" Typical Melly.

"What? Don't act like you wouldn't have. Who is he?"

"He is a very dangerous man."

"But he was so nice to us. They all were." Pam pouts.

"Just because the old lady in the hut gives you candy doesn't mean you can trust her."
Children stories really are educational.

I mean, why did little red riding hood's grandma live alone in wolf infested woods? She was elderly! That's just asking to be eaten.

"You didn't answer who he is. And more importantly, is he single?" I swear Melly thinks more with her coochie than her head.

"He is the man who captured Susanna for us. It's done."
I can't help my smile as I say it.

They are both frozen, processing my words for a minute.

Pam erupts.
Her happy squeals fill the room as she jumps around.

Melly on the other hand starts tearing up. "It's really done?" Her question is uncharacteristically soft and I nod taking her hand.

"This calls for champagne, bitches!" Her excitement is palpable.
Even Melly smiles through her tears as Pam is on the phone with room service.

"They're not dead. But even if they were somehow rescued, it'd be too late."
If I know Hades he has prepared hell on earth for her.

Fucking sadist.

"It's done. We have to tell the others." Melly smiles.

I send a text to Savat who has all of their information.
Within seconds, even Melly and Pam receive the text.

A knock on the door alerts us to room service.
Pam opens and starts pouring champagne for everyone.

"Okay, okay, a toast." She smiles once we each have a flute.