Chapter 37

I make sure to press the button in my clutch signalling the girls that I have eyes on the targets.
They can leave.

They should leave.

There is a very real chance this thing goes sideways.
They know what to do when it does.

Always have a backup plan.

Hades is the first to see me.

My God, he is beautiful.

He looks at me and suddenly, we are back in that hotel room. It's just the two of us and he is setting my entire being ablaze.
If I thought I was craving him before, I was wrong.

This isn't just a craving; it's a full-blown addiction.

He smirks at me and I am in trouble.
I am in so much trouble.

Fuck my life; Hades is mad.

And have I mentioned how fucking sexy he is when he's mad.

As much as I am throbbing with absolute need, I cannot help my smile.

Tonight just got a lot more interesting.

Dios, I missed him.

His intense gaze scorches every inch of me as he takes me in.
When those eyes meet mine again, they are considerably darker. It's good to know I affect him as much as he affects me.

This should be fun.

I ignore the waitress and the other men at the booth.
Sauntering to him, I make sure to perch myself on his lap before downing the rest of his scotch.

"Do you two know each other?" Anele is the one to ask looking amused.
He must think I am trying to get his attention.

"Every other lap was occupied." I point to the girl in his lap. She does not look like a sex slave, but it is hard to know for sure.

"Long time no see, Karen."
Fuck my stupid life. He used that old alias.

"Karen?" Dios, even his voice turns me on. I forgot how velvety smooth his voice is.
It doesn't help that his finger is tracing patterns on my bare thigh.
The last time he did that it ended with me tied up while he devoured my whole being.

Fanculo! I need to focus up.

Shoving those memories aside, I turn my attention to Anele, "Ashley, actually. I changed my name."

"Anele. Aren't you going to introduce us?" One of the twins asks staring at me.
"This is an old friend of mine. Karen, these are some new friends of mine." He introduces with a sly smile.

"Karen, you have such beautiful eyes." He compliments me, "Thank you."
Hades tightens his hold on me and my danger detection mode is activated.
"Very distinctive." The other twin comments.

I don't like this.

"How do you know Anele?" I try not to laugh at the mispronounciation of his name. I know how he hates it.

"I like to travel. Wound up in Durban and met him at a club like this one." All true, of course.
It was pure coincidence.

"Nice try." Before I could say anything, I felt myself being tazed.

What the fuck?

¤¤¤¤¤¤

"Who is she?"

"We'll ask her when she wakes up."

Dammit!

I hate being tazed.

But, of course, I keep my eyes closed and pretend to be unconscious.
It is surprising how much captors will say in front of you when they think you're unconscious.