Chapter 24

"La Rochelle."

Andromeda is pouring over the file in front of her. It is the summary of my work over the past two weeks. All the relevant information is organised accordingly in a concise and clear way. Even so, it is thirty-four pages long. Thirty-four pages reduced to two words; La Rochelle.
How I got there is irrelevant. What matters is the evidence I have which is beyond dispute.

Nic is by her side skimming over his copy of the file while Hades skipped to the photograph of him from a few hours ago.

"Wheels up for France in three hours. You two and Jordan. I want him alive." Hades smiles at her orders. Or maybe it's the fact that they have finally caught the bastard. I cannot help but notice it again; that look in his eyes. Nic simply nods then leaves the room like a good soldier. My eyes are drawn back to Hades who now regards me with a smirk. This one is different from the others. This one both excites and terrifies me.
"Hades, have Demi on this. Now. I do not want to lose sight of him for even a second. Do you understand me?"
"Loud and clear." He stands up still smirking at me before walking out of the room.

Only Andy and I are left in the conference room.

I am now the focus of those sharp silver eyes of hers. Andy can be quite intimidating. Moreso when you consider the power she wields.
Even so, I do not flinch.

"My brother seems infatuated with you." So she noticed.
Ever since that day by the pool, the sexual tension between us has only been increasing despite my best efforts.
"Isn't he with Girl?" I feign innocence. She narrows her eyes at me, not buying the act. Oh, well.
"No, they broke up a year ago." Wait, what?
"I saw them making out my first day here." She looks surprised. It seems there are some things the Almighty Andromeda doesn't know afterall.
"Hades and Girl?" I nod trying to gauge her reaction. She looks angry for some reason, like they're committing some grave offence by kissing.

"I would call him a son of a bitch, but dad would probably shoot me." I can't help the small smile that escapes me. From the stories I have heard, I don't doubt it.
"Brothers are just the worst." I wouldn't know. "Do you have siblings? Do they drive you crazy too?" Another subtle interrogation. They have increased in frequency this past week. I know they are getting antsy about me. My que to leave.

"I don't understand. So he kissed Girl, what's the big deal? Maybe they're trying again and want to keep it private." I direct back to the previous conversation. She notices.

"You have been here two weeks and we know nothing about you." Her posture is more dominant as she eyes me warily.
"I am a private person.",
"We are very private as well. It did not stop you from sticking your nose in our business." Shit. They are not wasting any time with this.
"Aren't you happy I did? You got my services for free."
"Nothing is for free in this world."

"Call it a favour then."
"And what do you get in return?"
"Luciano. I was promised him."
"Were you? It seems my brother is at it again." She finally looks away from our staring contest, "You may see him, but he does not leave our grounds." It seems they are in sync when it comes to business.

"Only if we get Kyle."
I could point out that my job was simply to find him, I have nothing to do with his capture, but I do not. It won't help me here. Besides, I trust the ghost to get the job done.

Still such a horrible name.

"You will."

¤

I spent my day at the pool with Delphine and Rosa. It seems Delphine was tasked with watching me today which makes me wonder what she is capable of. The girls tried to get me to drink, but I am not that stupid. I know once Kyle is caught I have no more use to them; I need to keep my wits about me.