Chapter 48

"You are glowing." Andy says to me as we make our way to the car waiting for us upon our arrival.
She keeps looking to my abdomen surreptitiously as we load our bags into the car. Does she think? Why would she think?
Does Hades think?

"It is called happiness. You should give it a try." He replies cheekily.

"I am very happy. With you pussy-whipped, I now get all the girls." She smiles back at him.
Was Hades promiscuous? Of course he was. Why would I think anything else?

"It is sad that you getting laid relies on me being unavailable." I love the way these two quip. It is always entertaining to see these two scary powerful people going at it like teenage girls.

"If you do not shut up, I will steal your girl." Andy threatens.
He pulls me to his side and kisses my temple

"You could not if you tried." Smug son of a...

"I don't know, I was really into her when we first met. If she wasn't a job you might have had some competition." I tease.

"You hear that? I could have had your girl." Andy runs her fingers down my bare arm.
I can feel Hades stiffen beside me.

When I look up at him, I notice the hard look in his eyes.
Andy stops touching me, but looks more amused than anything else.

"Message received. Come on, let us go before mama comes after us." There it is; the reason we are here.
Mrs. Leos hosts weekly Sunday lunches when she is home and I have been invited for today's.
And yes, I am aware that this is not normal for two people who have just started dating.

I notice Andy smile at me as she gets in.
What is going on here?

Hades' hands are glued to me the entire way to the house, sending tingles through my system; but he never looks at me. I feel like I am missing something.

Everyone is entitled to their secrets. I do not need to know every last detail about him nor does he about me.
But this obviously has something to do with me.

Andy parks in the garage and exits immediately. She can probably feel the tension in the backseat. I do not blame her for fleeing.

I have had enough. "You have until day's end to tell me what is bothering you."
His eyes bore into me as if they are searching for something.

"Are you going to be an asshole now or are you going to kiss me?" I finally get a smile.

"I can do both." He claims before connecting our lips.
I feel a familiar shiver run up my spine as his our lips connect our souls.
I could kiss him for hours and it still wouldn't be enough.

I feel considerably less annoyed when we disconnect. Whatever it is, he will deal with it and tell me. I know it.

"Now get your ass out before I fuck you in the back of my sister's car."
He knows that isn't a threat.

In fact, I decide to have a little fun of my own.
Instead of opening the door, I move closer and sit on his lap straddling him.
Thank God this sundress is loose enough not to crinkle.

Looking into his darkened eyes, I cannot help my smile as I lightly move my hands over his broad shoulder and chest. Down his hard abs.

He starts chuckling and I feel my core clench with need. I have never known a laugh could be sexy until I heard his.
His grip on my thigh tightens as he pulls me closer until I am right above his engorged member. I can feel my nipples pucker and my heart begin to race.

Maybe this wasn't the smartest idea.

"Come on, your parents are waiting for us." I remind him.
As much as I would like to continue what we started, we are here for a family function and I doubt his mother would appreciate our tardine... My thoughts are interrupted as Hades seizes my lips with a kiss.
A very hot kiss.
His hands go under my dress and grip my ass, pulling me back into him.
Fuck!
He continues to fuck my mouth; kissing, biting, suckling, licking, tasting, conquering; until I pull back for air dazed.