Chapter 35

To say Savat and Ita were shocked is an understatement. I don't think they realised I actually had a life before I met them. It's one of my favourite things about them; they have never cared about my past.

Even so, both of them chose not to meet Melly and Pam just yet. As is their perogative.

Savat is a hacker extraordinaire. He has often been referred to as a digital god. Furthermore, he is a tech genius. Any mafia or organisation would kill to have him in their employ. Unfortunately, that is often the literal case in the underworld.
Once they find out who he is, his loved ones are in danger.

Ita is different. During her time with the Yakuza, she earned the nickname, Kamaitachi. Folklore says the kamaitachi is a wind spirit with needle claws. At least that's what Google told us. She never speaks about her time with the Yakuza and we know absolutely nothing about her life before that except that she is American. But the girl is next level. She makes me look like a girl scout.

Both of them value their privacy and anonymity, same as I. I respect that. But they made sure to tell me that they will be working in the shadows alongside us.

Because we always have each other's backs.

Melly, Pam and I set up shop in my Madrid apartment. Why Madrid? Because one of Susanna's lieutenants used his real passport to enter Spain three days ago.

It could be a trap but the Spanish and Italians always had a great alliance.
It is possible that she is trying to rebuild old ties to cement her position.

The Marsans are the biggest money launderers of the Underground. Between their casinos, fake charities, pawn shops throughout Europe, and other shady businesses, they launder close to €1,500,000,000 every year. Five percent of which they keep.

That is 75 million a year.

It is not as much as the other mafias make, but they sacrificed money for power. They are the center of Underground politics.

"Tell me again what you do to be able to afford a place like this?" Pam says looking around.
This apartment is one of my favourite.
Right in the center of Malasaña, with an open space concept, tons of natural light, and a nice view of the city. The interior is young, fun and slightle edgy with Santorini blue walls, hardwood floors and a high cyan ceiling. I put a lot of time and love into this apartment.

And money.

"This and that." I answer making a detox smoothie.
Pam shoots me a look, "You know that won't work on us. We still waiting to hear what you were up to when you heard."

My mind wanders back to him.
Hades Leos.

Hades fucking Leos.

Smouldering silver eyes, silky hair, sensuous lips and a body made for sin.

My favourite psycho.

A familiar current runs through me just thinking about him, but I school my features to be as passive as possible.

I miss him.
I hate to admit it but I do.

Maybe "miss" is the wrong word; I am craving him.

I am craving his company, his annoying smirks, his stimulating conversation. Most of all, I am craving the way he makes me feel.

Hades makes me feel... makes me feel... everything. I feel everything. I feel... things I cannot even begin to describe.
I felt beautiful, I felt powerful, I felt lighter than I ever have, I felt invincible, I felt seen.

It felt like, the world could be ending, and I would not give a fuck. Because being with him felt like an entire lifetime of memories, pain, pleasure, fights, surprises, anger, happiness, comfort and excitement, all in a single moment.