Chapter 22

Attraction is a funny thing. I have met many attractive men that I wasn't attracted to. Like Luciano. I may hate the bastard, but I can admit he was good looking. Savat is another example. I know he is an attractive male, but I see him as family.
There are people I have developed attractions for over time. Others, I thought I was attracted to, only for the attraction to disappear or fade.

I have never known attraction like this before.

I am drawn to Hades on a molecular level.

Every single cell in my body burns with need as my heart learns a different beat. No, it's not typical attraction, this is desire in its purest form. As mature and evolved as I have always seen myself, I am driven by basic animal instincts right now. The primitive urge to fuck this man into next week; to feel his hot sweaty skin against mine, feel him inside me, milk his malehood for every drop he can give me, only to do it over and over again until time loses meaning.

The air is practically saturated with pheromones. The caress of his eyes burning my skin more than the sun above. My blood is practically boiling.
It hurts.
My desire for this one man hurts. Pain meant to spur action; pain meant to be alleviated carnally.

But as I look into those darkened eyes, I know that this is a game. We both love the game. Pain is an old friend; it all but guarantees my win.

"Doctor Leos." I greet with a smirk of my own, "Helena." Mmm, I'm starting to like this name.

"You look well rested." I comment noting the glow that has returned to his skin. I need a hundred facials and deep scrubs to get that glow; all he does is sleep. How is that fair?

"Thank you. You look..." his eyes look over the length of me with a hungry look that makes my core clench, "Sensational." Good.
The drool incident must not have been as mortifying as I thought it was.

"Thank you. I guess a break was in order. Will you be taking over guard duty?" I tease.
A sly smile slowly forms on his face, "I will.". Of course he will. Oh well.

"Then you can join me in the pool." I stand up and take off my cover-up that I put back on earlier. I give him a challenging look before submerging under the cool waters.

I need to cool down.

When I emerge he is still standing where I left him. I also notice Yaya talking to him but his eyes are fixed on me. Suddenly the cold water is not enough. My skin still sizzles. It is amazing the effect he has on me. I have never experienced anything quite like it. I hope it translates to the bedroom or it would be a damn tragedy. And yes, I am definitely fucking him once this job is done.
I deserve a good fuck.

Hades finally joins me in the water once Yaya is gone. We take a few laps then float idly in silence. I love comfortable silence. Most people feel the need to talk endlessly whereas I appreciate the quiet moments. It isn't until Rosa brings us some fruit that I break the silence.
"I could get used to this." I sigh leaning against the edge of the pool, and taking in the arrangement in front of me. "Used to what?" I feel him directly behind me and shudder. His breath fans the side of my face and I can feel his heat warming up my back. Of course, he is careful not to touch me at all. Teasing me with his closeness but not a single touch. It is excruciating.

I distract myself with a strawberry.

"Private jet, private yacht, private island, personal chef; the good life." I answer turning around to face him. Bad decision. I forgot just how gorgeous his face is. "Even with a guard at all times?" True, that one little detail is quite pesky.

"Lucky for me, my guard is easy on the eyes." I flirt back. I ignore his smoulder and pick another strawberry. They are very good.

"What are you thinking about?" I don't know why his mind interests me so. Right now, I am not getting a very good read on him.
"Wondering how it tastes." I pause, astounded by his answer. The innuendo has me feeling hot again.
There's no going back now.

Just not yet.

I pick another strawberry and offer it to him in response. He takes a bite right out of my hand and it is sexier than it has any right to be. How does he make eating fruit sexy? I am in trouble.

"Promising."

Dios, give me strength.

¤

Dinner is once again filled with light conversation, laughter and mirth. It is very difficult to believe that this is the lethal mafia everyone fears. They seem more like sitcom characters.

Savat seems to fit right in. But then again, it is impossible not to like Savat. Trust me, I have tried. He is already more comfortable here than I am. Probably because he is off the clock. I am never off the clock.

It turns out Delphine is Hades and Andy's second cousin from their mother's side. She is the lady of the house and is in charge of everything from china to landscaping. Adam, is their father's first cousin. He owns a few restaurants in the mainland and is only here a few weeks in the year. His daughter is still at university and is undergoing training as an assassin.
Their butler, Declan, has been working for the family since before the twins were born. His father before him was also a butler for the Leos. His son, on the other hand, is a fashion photographer.

This mafia seems to be one great big happy family. Even Rosa is the daughter of their former maid.

"What do you think, Helen?" Andy asks me. What is she talking about? "You were not listening, were you?"

"I think I'm a little tired. What were you saying?" Partially true. I am more than a little tired, despite my relaxing day today.

"Demi says she likes a man who dresses casual, but Girl likes a man in a suit. Which do you prefer?" I notice she didn't mention Seph. In fact, Seph never comments on attractive men. I would think she was a lesbian if she wasn't clearly interested in Emery.
But they are waiting for my answer.

"It doesn't matter. The man makes the clothes, not the other way around."

"Yeah, but there's something about a man in a nice suit." Girl counters.
Personally, I prefer my men naked, but to each their own, right.

"Suits are heavily associated with power. You may just like a powerful man to dominate you." Complete silence follows.

"Hades?" Michael asks making me look over at Hades who has a smug smirk adorning his face. Right, I forget that these two are involved.

I almost feel bad.

"I knew you are into kinky shit." Michael smiles at her, "Does he tie you up?"
Is that their idea of kinky? These people need to step into the twenty-first century.

"He does more than tie her up." Girl looks angry at Yaya's indiscretion.
"True, try having to clean up after them." Delphine pipes up. Takes me back to New York. Cleaning up the next morning at the club was a nightmare.

"I have never tied a girl up." Michael admits. For some reason, I am not surprised.

"You might not want to admit how vanilla you are to a girl who managed a BDSM club." Savat comments and all eyes turn to me. Thanks, you idiot.

"You managed a BDSM club?" I nod and watch those who did not know. It seems only Seph is aware of Andy's nightly activities. Did they think I drew her to a nightclub?

"What's the sickest thing you have ever seen?" Delphine asks me.
"There was a woman who liked being fucked by animals." I will never forget that. Seph and Girl look sickly while everyone else just looks disgusted.

"I heard dolphins can rape someone to death." Demi randomly says and conversation changes.

Hades' hand is dangerously low on my back as he walks me to my room.
"Goodnight, Helen." He is close; too close; but not close enough. Another inch and our noses would be touching. I am entranced by his eyes as we stare at each other. I never appreciated how beautiful silver is before I met him. But there is something in those eyes...
"Goodnight, Hades." I breathe out stepping back. He's still my boss. This is still a job.

"Make sure to lock the door." It's a promise. He walks away and I immediately shut and lock the door before I do something stupid. Like follow him.

I should have packed a vibrator.

---------------------------------
Hi, guys. So I'm a little shy but I would love to hear back from you.