Chapter 19

"This is Kyle Montgomery." Andy says pinning a picture of a man to the whiteboard in the conference room. He is an attractive blonde in his mid-twenties. This is the man I am after?
"His father was Peter Montgomery, CEO of the Montgomery hotel chain." He looks like his father. The Montgomery? That means he has money to burn. "His mother is Callista Tavoularis." Wow. That is one gorgeous woman. Greek too. "You two need to tell me everything for me to do my job." I remind them noticing Andy's tense expression.

"Callista was part of our father's inner circle for decades. She then formed The Sirens and ran the group for five years before retiring ten years ago.
Kyle grew up along us. His mother hoped he would join the mafia, but he never amounted to much. He was only allowed in because of his mother, but was never given any responsibility."
If he wasn't given any responsibility then he couldn't have screwed something up.

"We have been hunting him for eight years. Ever since he betrayed us." Hades continues. There is a tension in his body that speaks to his silent fury. Andy's anger is much more obvious with her scowl and hands in fists.
"What did he do?"
"You do not need to know." Andy answers reminding me of Hades. "Yes, I do. I need to know everything you have on him. His habits, his behaviour, his preferences, his allies, his fucking allergies, his..." "Allergies. Was he not allergic to some pollen?"
Did he just cut me off?
"Meadow something... it is why he never went to England or..."
"Meadow cranesbill?" I'm hoping.
"Sounds right." Andy confirms.

"Well we're smack in the middle of Summer. He wouldn't risk anywhere in Britain or the Nordic countries." Progress.
"What else do you know?" They both look impressed and start going over everything. I am surprised at how much they remember about him so I ask, "How do you know so much?"

"His mother told us more information."
"His mother?" The fuck? That is not a credible source, she's probably defending him. "I know what you are thinking, but even she cannot forgive him." There is nothing my mama wouldn't forgive me.
"Where is she?" She's our best link.
"His mother is not helping him. He made contact with her a few years ago and she told us. We were watching both her and his father. She passed a year ago." I'm still not convinced. No mother would throw her son to the wolves.
"Ignore everything his mother told you. What do you know about him?"
We go over everything again in detail. From what I hear, he was a typical spoilt rich boy.

"Nick will have more information for you. He should be here in two, maybe three hours." Andy tells me.

Nick? I do not remember coming across a Nick when looking into them.
I might be getting sloppy. First Hades, now Nick. There is too much I do not know about these people and that is never a good thing.

"I have to go. Take care of this." With that she is gone. I must say, I quite like her. I understand what Gigi meant now; you have to be born to wear the crown. She most definitely was.

"You are really good at this." My eyes find Hades who is sitting comfortably on the table. How does he manage to make that look sexy? "Fresh eyes help." I shrug trying to not let him affect me. "This Kyle knows you all. He knows how you think so he knows how to stay under your radar."
"Who knew he was actually good at something?" Now that catches my attention. "What do you mean?"
"He messed up everything he touched. He had absolutely no skills of any kind. We tried to teach him the basics, but he was such a prick." Then how is he staying so well hidden?

"Who did he betray you to?" Someone must be hiding him. "It was not that type of betrayal." What the fuck is he saying? "I need to know every mafia or group he is associated with. You said his mother founded the Sirens. Could they be helping him?" That would be trouble.
Siren is an organisation of femme fatales who you do not want to cross. They are cruel and ruthless. They ocassionally take on jobs from other parties, but they are mainly a radical feminist activism group.
I have worked very closely with them in the past and they are a scary group who have taken down presidencies!

"That I can guarantee you is impossible." His level of certainty only raises more questions for me.

"Where do you think he is from all of this?"
That is a loaded question.
"It's a great big world. He could be in Rio or Lusaka." It is far too early to tell. "I want a list of all his friends from here next."

¤

I haven't seen much of the crew. Dominic, or Nic, as the others call him, came back and filled me in some more. He was Kyle's bodyguard in Egypt for half a year three years ago. He was honestly the most helpful person I had spoken to. I questioned him for hours before releasing him to his wife.

And I did come across him in my research after all. Just not by "Nic". Maybe I am not losing my touch then.

I spent the rest of my time following up with Ralph Yunton. He was an acquaintance of Kyle's who is now a solicitor in Piraeus. I think I may have something. Lucky for me, Savat's flight lands in ten minutes. Hopefully, I will have a city in a week.

"Who are we waiting for again?" Hades asks me leaning against the car. He insisted on tagging along for my trip but pretty much disappeared for most of it. I'm trying not to think too much about it; the man is entitled to some privacy.
But looking at him now with those shades on, in such a well tailored suit, with his laid back demeanor, makes my mouth water. It doesn't help that he smells divine. I could smell him in for days.

"My hacker."
"You could have just asked Demi."
"Could have, would have, should have." Nothing against Demi, she seems like a sweetheart, but Savat and I work well together.
I also know Demi would love to meet him. All hackers would. Winning Demi over is my first step to winning them all over. They all love her like a little sister.

"Is he why you look so nice?" I can't help my smile. So he does notice me behind those glasses. I know my legs look amazing in this dress shirt and my skin is looking great. I barely had to put in any effort today. I forget how well Greece agrees with me.
"Had a brunch date." I tell him.
"Informative?" "Helpful." Ralph didn't have much, but he did remember that he and Kyle were both into puzzles and that Kyle was much closer to his father than mother, especially after their divorce. Maybe his mother is not helping him afterall.

"Why Helen? Seems like such a bland name for me." It has been bothering me for a while. Helen? Do I look like a Helen?
"I thought you did not care?"
"I guess I am curious as to what goes on in that head of yours." That gorgeous fucking head. Behind those sexy eyes.
He surprises me by taking his glasses off and staring at me. His stare is so intense I can practically feel my skin sizzling. But I never back down. I stare right back at him, refusing to be intimidated.

And yes, his sexiness is fucking intimidating.

I don't know if he is glaring or smoldering but it is hotter than noon in the Sahara. Before all of this, I thought he at least found me attractive. Especially during our dinner back in Albania. Now, I'm not so sure.
It doesn't matter, though.
This is a job and I do not allow for distractions on a job. I know he would be a huge distraction. I wonder how huge?
Now is not the time.
He is just looking at me and I am already fucking distracted. Not going to happen

Hades honestly intrigues me. I can't quite figure him out. A small part of me fears he may just kill me once I deliver Kyle to him. I already know too much. Or he might be my new best friend.

It could honestly go either way and that is half  of the excitement.

"Good luck with that."

-----------------------------
Shoutout to usful687, your kind words make my weekend.

I also loved your writer's inspiration.