The Recovery

Sharon just thought about one side of her crush. She never thought if Joon liked her or not. She used to say to her friends that "Studies are first and crushes are second" but however when it came to her own, she couldn't say anything.

When the consequences were too hard to bear,she couldn't do anything but ask for help.  So,she called Tara,who later became the closest one to Sharon.

When Sharon called Tara, Tara didn't think that it was such a big issue but it was a one for Sharon. Sharon couldn't say a thing but cry to Tara saying that it has become really hard for her when the classmates start to compare her with Joon.  She also said that it has been so tough and she even started to think why she said the name of her crush. Tara listened till the end and didn't utter a single word. After Sharon stopped crying on her own,Tara spoke up.

She said,"Sharon, I know it's been hard for you but just know that those girls call up your name only to see if you are reacting  and for their interest, you do. They want someone to make fun of. They  want someone to make their time pass and today it was you but listen well, when you don't react and just ignore them, they will find someone else tomorrow to make fun of. So just ignore them,it will all be alright".

And to Sharon's surprise, whatever Tara told her actually worked...

After that day, Sharon ignored whenever they called her as Joon and just did  her work. They did everything to make her react  but she didn't bulge.
As Tara said, the girls just wanted someone to mess with and when Sharon didn't speak a word or react they just left her alone after a few days

That was when Sharon realized who her best friend was. And of course it is  Tara.

After that incident, Sharon started to think a lot. She started to think why she liked Joon in the first place. And when she just thought about it, she realized that she had liked him for a long time but didn't know that she did.

She just closed her eyes and thought and  a quick flash came into her mind.

She remembered the time during the Christmas program in their school where everyone was busy with doing the preparation for the program but she just sat the last bench studying. Even when Rose pulled Sharon to go for arranging the team for the Christmas dance,she didn't move a bit. But when she saw Joon alone with those chalk pieces she couldn't do anything but help.
She went near him and took all those chalks and she arranged it by herself. Joon said one word but even that one word was so satisfying for Sharon.

Joon said, " thanks ".

Also on the day of program, when Joon came with his parents, Sharon on an impulse spoke to his parents.  They were kind enough when she introduced herself as his classmate.

Joon was generally sweet. He used to play with the dog which used to wander in front of the school and even gave some biscuits to it. He was like a shelter when his friends were worried about their marks and always showed a kind of optimistic gesture whenever he meets or speaks to anyone. During his birthday,he came wearing a spotted shirt and a jean which made him look so tall and handsome. Sharon couldn't take her eyes off him. And never did she expect that Joon would find her staring at him.

  Sharon didn't know why even when there were a lot of good looking boys in her class, she couldn't take her eyes off  him.

She didn't even know to say that as a crush at that time. But, in that eight grade she finally understood what she was feeling.

After a few days, nearly everyone forgot about Sharon's confession and that was the time when Rose revealed a truth on the other side. She asked ,"
Sharon, did you ever know? A few years before,  the boys used to compare Joon with you?".

Sharon was in a state of complete surprise and couldn't say anything other than " what!!?".

Then Rose told about the other half...