Chapter 28

Author P.O.V

The next morning King, Shawn, and Dom are up and ready to go on with their day. Dom is in the kitchen making breakfast because King and Andre swear they can't cook anything edible even though they're just lazy and refuse to try.

"What do you think we should do?" Andre questions from his spot on the counter. Instead of helping to cook, Andre prefers to sit somewhere like the counter so he can reach out and steal some food whenever he feels like Dom isn't looking or won't get caught.

"I don't know and you finna get hurt so move away from the stove" Dom states lifting Andre off the counter and setting him at a safer distance for his well-being and the food as well.

"I liked it there" Andre mumbles being mad about being moved away from the food.

"Good morning whores" King says while walking into the kitchen stretching and cracking some of his joints in the process. You know for a fact that felt good.

"You're the whore with a praise kink," Andre says back without missing a beat. Earning a playful glare from King. Now King isn't gonna deny the accusations coming from Andre's mouth, but he isn't gonna say that they're true either.

"gOod bOy," Dom says and King makes a stank face it only hits different when it comes from Trey. He does not make the rules.

"It don't work when you do it," King says shaking his head softly.

There's a sudden knock at the door and Dom and Andre a little surprised that King doesn't run to go get it since he's made it very clear that it's his job.

"Aren't you gonna go get that?" Andre questions with a raised brow towards King who simply shakes his head.

"Trey and I aren't on speaking terms I refuse to open the door for his annoying ass" King states in a calm voice with his arms crossed over his chest to add to his dramatics and at the fact that he's convinced it's Trey on the other side of the door.

Andre and Dom let out laughs at their friend's dramatics before Andre decides to go open the door which reveals Trey, Jordyn, and Shawn on the other side. Andre honestly doesn't know how King knew it was Trey, Shawn, and Jordyn, so he'll ask later because he wasn't expecting to see them after such a short time.

"Hello," Andre says with a small smile on his face stepping aside letting them inside he doesn't expect to see a small child walking beside Jordyn holding onto his hand. He almost passes out from the cuteness overload. How does a child dress better than him even the shoes look like they cost more than anything in his closet.

"You're so cute" Andre gushes crouching down to Nacia's level which scares Nacia because he runs past Andre and climbs into Trey's arms and successfully tucks himself away in the older man's chest.

"He's scared of people, so don't get offended" Jordyn sighs watching as Nacia ran away towards Trey. Nobody especially Damien wanted to look after him after Damien started the rumor about Nacia being a demon child and how he almost got murdered by him. How are people scared of a small baby like Nacia?

Being exposed to people will help with Nacia's fear when it comes to meeting strangers or new people.

"It's okay," Andre says getting up from his crouching position he's lucky he even got to see such a cute baby this early in the morning.

"Are you okay?" Andre questions noticing the tired look on Jordyn's face. Jordyn stares at Andre before he walks past him with a soft hum. Andre kicks himself mentally because he should know better than to try to make conversation with Trey or Jordyn. After all, they seem like they don't like them and they scare him a lot. That exchange he just had with Jordyn should be evidence enough.