Chapter 54

Author's P.O.V

Bambi💛: Which position are y'all in?

Is the text Trey reads to himself that makes him smack his lips because he was not mentally prepared to deal with an angry King today. Trey doesn't understand what the deal is. He's just trying to make sure he gets good information to help he try rid of the bounties.

Trey: I miss you too

Bambi💛: This man that you're flirting wit today want you as well?

King types deciding to ignore the message completely despite the butterflies it gives him. He's not going to let Trey off the hook that easily. He has all right to be angry with the man. Mission be damned. And he wanted to leave without letting King know anything about it like it wasn't going to be an issue.

Trey wants to smack Jordyn and Shawn because they're the only ones who know about that small detail, so that means that they're running their mouths like the idiots they are. There's no point in Trey lying because King wouldn't be asking unless he already found out. King just wants confirmation from Trey before he decides to react accordingly.

Trey: Yes...

Bambi💛: Go to hell Trevon.

King finally types before silencing his phone and deciding to protect his peace before he gets any angrier. He focuses on the movie that Nacia and he are watching instead.

Trey is about to type something but he's interrupted by someone.

"Who has you looking like that?" someone questions. When Trey looks up from his phone he's meant with his target of the day. Trey is unaware of how expressive he gets when it comes to King. His face is tense, he had an evident frown on his face, and his eyes are clouded with annoyance because he's nowhere near King, his Bambi.

Anyone who looks at Trey would guess that there is trouble in paradise, but it's not like anyone is paying close attention to Trey except one person.

Trey puts his phone away and decides that he'll deal with King later. He needs to focus on the mission. He almost forgot where he was, and why he was there for a minute. Trey is currently at a gala if you even call it that because the murderers and criminals attending the said gala aren't the most elegant nice people.

"Nobody important" Trey answers smoothly giving his target Mike a smile.

The way I gasped when I wrote that sentence like I ain't write it like why would he say that about my baby?! 😭😭

"Nobody important wouldn't have you looking like that I know you," Mike says taking a seat next to Trey and offering him a drink. "You should lighten up" he adds as he hands Trey the drink that he's definitely not going to drink. Lord knows it's been drugged.

Trey wants to tell the man in front of him to shut up and that he knows nothing about him, and he never will, but he can't. He has a mission to complete.

"You're right I should lighten up," Trey says with a chuckle. He hates coming to parties like this. There are criminals surrounding him, and anything could go wrong. They're all acting cordial and friendly, but one wrong move and all hell break loose, and you've got everyone trying to kill each other. That's why Trey can't let his guard down in a place like this.

"You're as handsome as ever. I'm surprised you didn't bring your two pets with you today" Mike says walking away slowly expecting Trey to follow him. On a normal day, Trey wouldn't be causing following behind the man, but today wasn't a normal day.

"Jordyn and Shawn are busy, and they're also not my pets" Trey answers smoothly with a light chuckle. People would be surprised at how little control Trey has over the two. It's almost embarrassing. It takes a lot of time and effort to even get them to listen to him. It's also always shocking when it's done with little to no complaints. Which is very rare especially when it comes to Shawn. The speeches he makes while doing something almost seem like they are pre-written.