Chapter 43

Author P.O.V

King hears Trey walk out of his office sounding angry. King decides to mind his business and goes back on his phone. Everyone is asleep and it's just King and Trey awake in the house.

King is having one of those days where he can't sleep at all. This is bad because here he is stuck in the living room on his phone switching between Tiktok, Instagram, and Snapchat every 30 minutes or so doing absolutely nothing.

He would go to his 'room' but the space isn't as comfortable as the living room. Plus he can't see Trey if he locks himself in his room. King has his priorities straight for sure.

"This is boring" King mumbles to himself scrolling. King is sure he's made it to deep TikTok because he sees a video that compels him to close the app. He's not gonna open it for a few more days. King swears TikTok loves playing sick jokes on him because some of the videos he's seen on his for you page should not be appearing there.

He was so engrossed in the strange video that appeared on his phone that he didn't notice Trey webt back to his office.

Just as King sighs he heard a loud crash comes from the location of Trey's office.

"I should mind my business" King mumbles to himself trying to go back on his phone pretending that he didn't hear the loud crash.

After a few seconds of King trying extremely hard to mind his business, he gives in because he manages to convince himself that Trey might have broken his neck and currently needs his help.

"Fuck it," King says getting up and walking to Trey's office. When he gets in front of the office door he debates on whether he should knock or just let himself in.

King decides to let himself in because Trey has managed to piss him off these couple of weeks and he needs to convey these feelings in the most dramatic way possible.

"You good?" King questions Looking around the office searching for what could have caused the crash which is the broken glass on the floor next to Trey's desk. King is gonna make an educated guess and say Trey dropped it by accident because Trey doesn't seem like the type to throw things around when he's angry.

Trey ignores King and King rolls his eyes and walks over to the glass and starts picking it up muttering about how he has to do everything in the "damn" house like an angry mother.

"Nobody told you to pick it up," Trey says in a tired raspy voice walking over to King and helping him pick the glass up. King is a little taken back by the sound of his voice but holds himself together...barely.

"I don't want your ass to accidentally hurt yourself" King mutters as he continues picking up the glass.

"WhY dO yOu CaRe?" Trey questions in a mocking voice making King roll his eyes.

"I dOn't," King says back mimicking Trey's words from days ago.

"Ugly ass" Trey mutters after finishing picking up the glass making King gasp because he knows he's not ugly unlike some people in this house (Nacia).

"Now you know Nacia ain't ugly," Trey says like he just read King's mind.

"I ain't say shit," King says.

King walks downstairs and grabs a broom to goes to sweep the floor just in case they missed a few small pieces of glass. Nacia tends to follow Trey around even to his office when he misses him a little too much. If you do the math that's like three times a week. King hates when Nacia clings to one person he acts brand new and avoids everyone else like they're strangers.