Chapter 56

Author P.O.V

"I don't like these missions Trey has been going on" King whines loudly in the living room making everyone turn to him. This time around King's whining is justified because Trey has been gone for three days for a mission, and King is having serious withdrawal same with Nacia who's been crying day and night for his daddy.

The worst part is that Trey can't be in contact with them for three days. King and Nacia want to talk to Trey protocols be damned. Too bad Jordyn stands on anything he says and won't change his mind about allowing contact. Trey needs to focus on the mission no distractions are allowed.

"He'll be back today don't worry," Jordyn says reassuring King who just continues to whine even more he just wants to be his man. What if Trey hasn't been eating well? What if he's hurt somewhere? King needs to know he's okay.

It's a miracle that Jordyn got Nacia to fall asleep because he's even worse than King in this situation. Nacia has spent the last couple of days asking and crying for Trey. He even went as far as to search the entire house for the man. Everyone's heart broke at Nacia's cries for Trey as he searched the entire house for the man. King almost started crying with him. He felt like an abandoned single mother mother nothing King or anyone said to the child calmed him down.

Jordyn has been the one to be able to get Nacia to stop crying these couple of days every time he started missing Trey and crying for him. Now if they could find someone to stop King's whining that would be great. Even though it's justified to listen to King worry about Trey like a broken record takes a lot of energy.

King doesn't like that Shawn and Jordyn seem pretty much unaffected by the lack of presence of Trey. In fact, they're the only two not worried in the slightest. Everyone else in the house seems to be asking about the man every day to make sure he's alive. They've all grown pretty close, so Trey suddenly going on a three-day mission with no contact was worrisome.

Shawn and Jordyn just say that they should trust Trey's skills. That is easier said than done considering the people Trey is up against are just as skilled as he is. All they have to do is wait.

"It's already so late are you sure he'll be here soon?" Andre questions and Jordyn nods his head letting out a yawn. He should be heading to sleep anyway. Dom notices and decides it's time for him and Jordyn to head to sleep.

"I'm going to sleep too I'm tired you should head to bed as he might be coming back later tonight," Andre says leaving King alone in the living room. Shawn is already in bed knocked out. He will not be caught dead losing sleep over Trey. Just because Trey was supposed to come back after a three-day mission tonight doesn't mean Shawn's sleep schedule is going to change. Trey is not Beyoncé.

By the time Trey comes home he isn't expecting King to be crawled up in a couch knocked out in the living room. He looks so cold. Trey doesn't know why King insists on trying to wait up for him when he goes on long missions. He easily picks him up into his arms King responds by cuddling deeper into his chest. Trey smiles softly and places a kiss on his forehead before he starts making his way towards their room. King had practically made the space his own. A room that used to be cold and lacked personality now has traces of his little family lying around.

There are toys on the floor, thousands of skin care products scattered all over the bathroom counter and drawers that King swears he needs, three toothbrushes on the bathroom counter, three towels hanging in the bathroom, baby perfume and lotions, and a walk-in closet that used to be white, black, and gray that now looks like the rainbow. Trey never thought much of his room, but now he loves it. It's his safe space that he shares with his family. Which is why he can't help but let out a sigh of relief and relax when he steps foot into the safe haven.