Chapter 42

Author P.O.V

It's been a few weeks after the incident, and everything has been so hectic and out of order with Trey, Jordyn, and Shawn trying to trace their way back to the person who sent the shooters to the mall.

Andre and Shawn haven't even talk because he's been in and out of the house. Andre thinks it's nice to see Shawn working so hard for him and his best friend's safety. A few months ago Shawn wouldn't have cared if he was dead or not.

Andre isn't gonna act like it doesn't affect him because it does and what's the point of putting up a front and acting like it doesn't. Andre doesn't know what's wrong he knows he should be happy Shawn cares, but it's really hard to do so at the moment.

Trey and King aren't any better all those little moments flushed down the toilet because of a mall incident. When King gets his hands on the person who sent those people he's gonna put them through hell.

Trey and King barely speak because Trey is always busy on the phone, on a mission, or being stressed out somewhere.

It's a lot better with Jordan because he makes time to hang out with King, Andre, and Dom even if it's just a little because he considers them friends not that he'll ever say that out loud.

Nacia seems to be normal which is good because imagine what would have happened if he was awake through that commotion. He doesn't seem to notice any change in the atmosphere around him because he still gets attention from everyone around him and he loves it.

"I hate this" King sighs deeply it's currently 10 p.m and Dom, Andre, King, and Jordyn are just having a late-night talk while Trey and Shawn are god knows where.

"They just tryin to keep us safe," Dom says trying to reassure King and Andre as well even though he didn't say anything. Dom knows his two best friends have been feeling sad about not having enough time to spend with Trey and Shawn.

"I know, but how you finna cut us off in the process?" King questions shaking his head. He misses annoying Trey. He can't do that these days because Trey always looks extra serious and stressed. King isn't trying to get hurt like that yet by talking to the man and pushing the wrong buttons.

"If you talk to them they'll understand" Jordyn adds on shrugging his shoulders texting away on his phone.

"Who you texting?" Dom questions curiously he's never seen Jordyn so engrossed in his phone before, so he's kinda curious.

"Valerie" Jordyn simply answers not elaborating. Jordyn, Trey, and Shawn decided to withhold information from Dom, King, and Andre about what they were doing because they've been through a lot, and adding more stuff to the list by getting them more involved than they should be is just gonna make everything worse.

Dom's about to ask who Valerie is because he's heard the name said a few times around the house, but he's gonna mind his business.

"I don't think they'll understand probably ask why we care so much" Andre mumbles laying his head on the table yawing. He's drowsy but he's not about to go to sleep before Shawn and Trey make it home safely.

"Won't know till you try" Jordyn states setting his phone down with a deep sigh rubbing his eyes.

"You should go to bed" Dom states not leaving any room for arguments. Now Jordyn isn't one to take orders from anybody.