Chapter 44

Author P.O.V

"Do you think Trey been acting weird lately" Shawn questions as he drives towards the mission's destination.

"What do you mean by that?" Jordyn questions acting like he didn't notice that Trey putting in the effort to spend time with them when King, Dom, and Andre are around despite being extremely quiet the whole time unless he's spoken to. At least he's making an effort, and don't get Jordyn started on the exchange between him and King there's something going on there for sure. King has been wearing his hoodie too.

"I mean he seems to be opening up to Andre, Dom, and King more outta the blue and he seems like he enjoys King's company instead of ignoring his entire presence like he usually would despite King being his least favorite"

"Isn't that a good thing?" Jordyn questions letting Shawn's words sink in.

"I mean it is, but I just hope his ugly ass okay I don't like it when anyone acting strange or outta character without reason" Shawn explains shrugging his shoulders a little.

"Maybe he has a good reason he hasn't told us about," Jordyn says. Now Jordyn already has a good idea why Trey is acting the way he is. King is good at keeping quiet about their development, but not good enough to hide it from Jordyn. Jordyn is surprised King didn't tell his two best friends immediately. Andre and Dom are just as confused about Trey's actions and King's content with Trey. No usual angry rants about him for a week straight. That's a record.

"Nigga hiding shit from me? oh, I'll show his ugly ass" Shawn mutters feeling offended that Trey is hiding things from him of all people. Trey tells Shawn everything, and Shawn tells both Jordyn and Shawn everything he really can't control it. Jordyn tells them if they ask, so it's always up to them if they wanna know something they have to ask. This is annoying because Jordyn needs to learn to rant instead of waiting for someone to ask him to do so.

"Just give him a minute he'll come to you," Jordyn says as a matter of fact because it's true. Sooner or later Trey's gonna go to Shawn and tell him when he feels like it or he'll come to Jordyn when he needs advice.

"He better" Shawn mutters parking the car outside a busy club. Jordyn gets makes sure his gun is ready and loaded.

Valerie said that the person who owns the club is connected to the person who put the bounty of King, Dom, and Andre. They're probably the disposable group the person is using, so it could lead them somewhere.

"Don't do anything reckless Jordyn" Shawn says and Jordyn rolls his eyes.

"I should be saying that shit to you" Jordyn states putting his gun away. He hopes he doesn't have to use it tonight.

"You can't say shit to me Trey put me in charge," Shawn says proudly like he isn't in charge every time he and Jordyn pair up to go on a mission. You'd think Jordyn would be the one charge, but no apparently he's more reckless than Shawn. Jordyn completely disagrees.

"Yeah Yeah," Jordyn says getting out of the car he just wants to get this over with and call it a day. He hopes Valerie hit the jackpot with this lead.

"I'm serious J you try anything reckless I'm knocking you out," Shawn says following close behind Jordyn who walks past everyone in the long line. People start cussing and groaning at Jordyn and Shawn.

"Maybe we should wait in line like normal people" Shawn states noticing that almost everyone they walk past is glaring at them.

"We're not normal people" Jordyn scoffs making Shawn shake his head. The line is a little long anyway. When Jordyn and Shawn make it to the front the bouncer stares them down, but Jordyn has a harsher glare that makes the bouncer uncomfortable to the point where he just lets them in because he knows what kind of people they are just from looking at them especially Jordyn. He was not trying to get shot.