f o u r

i'm still sad the fact that novelhd copied this story wtf :|

--

Only the sound of cricket filled my ears for the past minutes. Along with the sound of stepped up dried leaves.

By us.

I constantly glanced at Seungmin when he drank the water from his bottle. I bit my lower lip. The only thing I need right now is water. If I drink it in front of him then he will know who I am.

"I told you this isn't the way."

"We might have missed a way somewhere." He muttered while still looking around. I grumbled, holding on to my bottle tighter. My legs started to go numb. I need some rest.

"I think we've gone further from the entrance."

He sighed, halting in his steps. "I think so."

"Then? Return there?" I pointed to my back. He looked a bit skeptical. He pursed his lips, looking at the pointed way as if he was thinking hard. "Alright, let's make a turn." I decided for us and turned around. Without realising my feet stumbled upon a huge root on the ground.

He quickly grabbed my arm and pulled me up. My eyes widened.

"Be careful. If you get hurt no one's here gonna treat you," he looked down at my feet. "Does it hurt?"

"N-no."

"If it does, tell me." he slightly smiled and continued walking. I pursed my lips as I felt my face turn hotter than before. Lucky he didn't get to see my flushed cheeks.

"Can we rest for a moment?"

Seungmin hummed. He walked a little bit more and found another huge root to sit on. After making sure it was at least clean for us we settled down. Still, there's a gap between us.

I turned my back on him. This is quite risky but I'm really thirsty right now. I need water. "Can you not turn around, I mean, stay where you are?" I asked.

"Okay." he shortly replied. Well that's a bit surprising.

Finally the water flowed down into my mouth. I feel a bit refreshed. Being out here is tiring, especially after the class. I'm not sure if I'll have to finish this before we find a way out or not.

Seungmin played the dried leaves with his sword. I tied back the mouth veil and turned to him. "Do we need to stay here?"

He shrugged, "Are you okay with it? Your family?"

I nodded, "They are not gonna realise it."

"Are you sure?" his eyes met mine, as if he's trying to pinpoint something. My eyebrows furrowed at the question. He stifled a laugh before returning to the ground. "Your name isn't Kyra right?"

My mouth zipped shut.

My heart started to beat faster.

There's a sweat rolling down underneath the veil.

And I couldn't detach my eyes from him.

"Whatever it is, we need to get out of here before dawn, if we can. Or else I'd be accused as a kidnapper of one of the princesses."

Screw it, he recognized my voice. Why haven't I been aware of that?

He sighed, dropping his sword on the ground and turned to me. "Your highness, Min Eunkyung," he gave me a small smile. I couldn't move an inch. He didn't even do anything but why can't I move? "You looked so upset this evening because of me. I don't know how to apologise so I asked the teacher to assign me with you."