f i f t y f i v e

Her fingers twitched.

Seungmin lightly gasped when noticing that. He immediately took her hand in his and brought it to his lips, silently praying that this time, she will wake up.

Wake up, love...

Then, she moved her head to the side subtly. Her eyes tried to open. Seungmin's lips curled up into a bright smile as soon as she opened her eyes. He almost cried.

"Eunkyung," he breathed out before planting a long kiss on her hand that he gripped in between both of his hands. "Oh my, I thought you're leaving me."

The girl squinted her eyes at the bright light. Her forehead creased in lines as confusion immediately hit her, "Min...?"

"You were unconscious for almost a week."

"Wait," she whimpered in pain when her head suddenly throbbed. She looked at him weirdly. Her eyes examined his condition.

If she was not mistaken, Seungmin bled on his head. But he looked so fine. As if he was not hurt.

Her hand slowly went up to caress his cheek. Seungmin leaned in with his eyes closed. Eunkyung let out the breath she was holding.

He's real.

"I miss you so much." the male muttered as he laced their fingers together. "It felt like the world is ending when I found out what happened."

The memories slowly flooded her mind. She looked around only to see white ceiling in a small room of one patient. "H-han? And Yuns–"

"Jisung is gone," Seungmin looked down while playing with her fingers. "But Yunseo is still alive."

"What?" her voice came out almost like a whisper. "T-that can't be true I'm sure I killed him I stabbed him on the chest..."

"Eunkyung," he stroke her hand with his thumb. "I'll call the doctor now, alright? They say you need a check up."

"No, Seungmin. Wait." she grasped his hand but he pushed it lightly. A small smile appeared on his face. He turned around to the door. As he opened it, a brighter light shone her way. Eunkyung covered her eyes with her hand and yelled, "Seungmin!"

"I'll be back." his voice was heard clearly despite him had exited the room. The girl flinched.

"I will be back, Eunkyung. I promise."

Her eyes opened wide abruptly.

It felt like the world froze for a second. She just woke up with a deep intake of breath and now she couldn't move. All she could see right now was a white ceiling.

"She's awake." a hurried voice called next to her. Eunkyung slowly turned her head to the side to see Eunji and Yoongi rushing to call the doctor.

Her heart plummeted.

Was that... a dream?

"My baby, oh my god." a wailing could be heard upon someone entering the room. The queen wiped her tears with a tissue and embraced the laying girl, crying. Though her action was a bit harsh for someone who just woke up, Eunkyung couldn't feel anything. Her body was numb. Her mind was blank.

The doctor and nurses came to check her condition. They asked her a few questions and it brought a huge wave of relief to the family when knowing nothing bad occured. She still remembered everything, and there isn't any crucial damage on her body.

Time passed by in blur. Eunkyung could only hear muffle around her even though her family was hugging and feeding her. She stared off nowhere. Her mind kept thinking about the dream.