b o n u s c h a p t e r

A loud slam surprised him. Seungmin immediately looked up due to the sudden noise only to see Felix clicking his tongue in annoyance while shaking his head lightly.

"You are lifeless."

"There's no need to slam the table." Seungmin muttered.

"It's recess. Are you not hungry?"

Seungmin looked around. He just realised he was alone in the class until Felix returned to search for him. However, he shook his head and waved his hand dismissively. "I'm not hungry."

Felix sighed. "It's been three days since she moved here and you act like she's broken your heart long ago. The princess doesn't even know you."

"That hurts more." The puppy resembled guy replied. "She's with Jisung."

His friend fell silent for a moment before saying, "I'm sure Jisung cannot do anything to her since we are in school and her guards are everywhere. You trust my father as her driver, right?"

Seungmin hummed while nodded slightly. "I'm going to the library."

"If you faint from hunger I won't help you." Felix warned and left the classroom. Seungmin cleaned his messy table and switched off the electricity before heading towards the library. The hallway was empty since everyone was having lunch in the dining room. They couldn't stay in the class during recess, so library it is.

As he expected, the library was empty as well. There's only a librarian at the counter and a student studying. Seungmin went to the second floor of the room where he could enjoy the view from up high. He needed some distraction to discard the possibilities of Jisung harming Princess Eunkyung.

How do they become friends? was the only thing that played in his mind since three days ago. The sight of the princess entering the school with Jisung was unexpected.

Jisung killed Mina, her best friend. Did she not know that?

A small grunt from the shelves caught his attention. Seungmin went to the sound source and found a girl who was trying to reach out a book from the top shelf. Feeling kind, he offered help.

"Do you need some help?"

"Uh," the girl turned, and he was awestruck.

Princess Eunkyung.

Seungmin froze, his eyes widened a bit when found face to face with the girl he had been thinking for the whole day. Her long, dark hair was let down with a black headband on top. The new uniform hugged her petite body neatly. The fifteen year old boy silently gulped before looking away, embarrassed for staring at her.

"I think–"

"Yes! Please..." the princess immediately cut him off before he could walk away. "I couldn't find any stool so I would be grateful if you help me."

"Ah," he suddenly became clammy and avoided eye contact. He bowed. "Sure, Her Royal Highness."

The princess become flustered at the title. She just moved here so she was not used to it. "T-that book." she pointed to an army green book cover. Seungmin tip toed and easily reached the book. He wiped off the dust and handed it to her.

The History of Gracine

"Thank you so much." she smiled.

Seungmin smiled back, "Are you interested in other kingdom's history, Your highness?"

"Hm?" she examined the book. "Ah... this... my parents ordered me to learn about other kingdoms because I have been in the village for a long time." she flipped the book but suddenly it slipped from her hands, and the thick, hard cover book fell on Seungmin's feet.

Poor guy, he suppressed his scream in agony while the princess loudly gasped. "I'm so sorry! I'm sorry I didn't mean to!"

He waved his hand as a sign of it's alright but his face said otherwise. Nonetheless he picked up the book. "You need more practice, Your highness." he chuckled.

The princess covered her face with her palm. "I'm very sorry. I just attend the royal class for one month. It is still hard for me to adapt here."

His heart soften. "You will improve from time to time."

"Thank you," she shyly smiled. "Can I have the book back?"

Seungmin was startled, didn't realise he was putting the book back at the top. "Here, Princess Eunkyung."

Just by saying her name could make his heart skipped a beat.

She took the book. "Thank you, thank you for the help and I'm sorry again for your feet. Please get it checked later."

He nodded. Before she could leave, he suddenly had a wave of courage that he called her, "Your highness! I'm... wondering if we could meet again–"

"I'm sorry," she immediately said. "I do not plan on finding friends for the meantime because I have an important matter to take care off." she gave him an apologetic look. "Thank you for the offer."

Then she left. Seungmin just watched the princess going down and disappeared at the corner of the library. He sighed with a small smile on his face.

"At least I get to talk to her."

this concludes the end! i'm sorry for the short bonus chapter. i am in my final week so i'm very busy atm and i have a class in 25 minutes but i'm still laying on the bed writing this oops–