t w e n t y s i x

Eunkyung grimaced after hearing Felix's side. Both sides matched that she couldn't do anything but believe the story that only the two of them know. Would she ask Jisung? Well, maybe yes, maybe no.

"We're here, Your Highness."

The girl thanked her driver - not Felix's father - and went out. Her cream colored dress shone under the morning sun along with Felix's. Just by seeing the signature hair braid, everyone would know it was the princess.

If this was a regular visit (where she sneaked out to check on them), she wouldn't dress up as it was done secretly but this time with the driver and Felix, she had no choice but to follow the protocol.

"We won't be long." the princess told the driver and he nodded curtly.

Felix looked around, fascinated at the welcome gesture since this was his first time sending a royal after a long time. His blonde locks were styled neatly. A few girls were peeking over to see the dashing guy stood firmly next to the princess as a guard. Even without a smile, he made them drool.

Oh, they haven't heard the golden voice yet.

"Do you know where we can meet the person, Your Highness?" the male asked. With that, squeals and dreamy sighs could be heard in the crowd.

She smiled at the question and replied, "I would like to meet the son of Ki family, please. I will be waiting at Byun Bakers."

Felix nodded and began to make his way to the Ki family while Eunkyung turned to the other way with another royal guard. The smile didn't worn off but at the same time her eyes examine to crowd in case she found someone... suspicious.

To her dismay, she found none. It seems like the man had gone far from here because the police too haven't found anything except the blood trail that he left. It could be that he bought some times to wash his wound when Seungmin was shot, who knows? Eunkyung felt a bit regret for not at least following him to the river.

The Byun Bakers was emptied right after the royal guard entered. After getting a chocolate filled croissant, she waited at one of the tables until Felix came with a small boy and a mother.

"Pretty Princess!" the boy exclaimed and went to hug Eunkyung. The princess giggled as she lifted him up and pinched his cheek.

"How are you doing, Minhee?"

"Good!" he threw his fists in the air. The boy's mother just smiled in relief while Felix took another chair to complete the four seaters. "Minhee is a bit sad a few weeks ago but now I'm fine!"

She put him down next to her, "Oh? What happened?"

The boy pouted while kicking the air. "Papa Wonsik passed away. Mama said a bear did it but I heard my friends said there is a killer in the village. Is it true?"

Eunkyung visibly dropped her shoulders hearing that. She knew the victim had a relation with the little boy after checking his background. Her heart felt heavy when his mother couldn't hide the ugly truth from him.

"But Minhee remembered you said to make people around me happy and Mama was sad, so I no longer feel sad! If everyone is sad then who's going to cheer them?"

Felix chuckled at his cuteness and gestured the woman to sit next to him.

The princess smiled before pinching his nose lightly, "Good boy, Minhee. Here's a treat for you. Be careful, it's hot."

Minhee gasped upon seeing the big croissant in front of him. "Choco bun! Thank you!" then he eagerly tore it into half to see the hot chocolate dripping on the plate. His eyes twinkled in amusement.