f i v e

Seungmin opened the back door quietly. He gestured me in and led me to a guest room near the kitchen. "I'm sorry for the mess. This room became our storage room because my relatives aren't coming here anymore."

I just shook my head and sat down on the bed. He opened a box which contained the medical supplies. I immediately took the ointments.

"Wait, let me do it."

"I know how to treat this." I cut him off, unwrapping his handwrap from my hand. The blood was still running out. Seungmin slowly dabbed a tissue on it while his other hand swiftly took away the ointment.

"Sit still." He demanded. I just obeyed, watching as he soaked the cotton wool with the ointment. "This will hurt a bit."

"I know- ah!"

"Crap, I'm sorry," he pulled his hand. "Does it hurt much?"

"N-no I'm just shocked."

The guy nodded and brought my hand closer to him again. I constantly winced every time the cold liquid came in contact with my skin. After that he covered the scratch with another cotton wool before wrapping a bandage on my hand to keep the cloth still.

"I can't appear in front of my family like this." I complained.

"Wear this then." he gave the black handwrap. I shook my head. "It's the new one. I haven't wear it yet."

Huffing, I put the handwrap on. It cover my thumb, pointer finger and middle finger until the palm. Only a quarter of my palm was shown, including the two fingers.

"Your leg."

"I said it's fine!"

"Then why are you limping?" He argued back. "I'm just gonna put some ice on it. You still cannot walk properly."

I sighed. Does that mean I have to stay the night here?

"After you get better then I'll send you to the castle."

Did he read my mind?

"Is the gate still open at this hour?"

"No," unconsciously I pouted a bit. "But two of the guards know I'm joining this class."

He suddenly froze, eyes widening. "Then they must be searching for you."

"They won't, their job is to guard the gate."

"But they will do something if they know you're still not home."

"Hey," I instantly cut him off. "They're the royal guards. They won't ditch their job just for me."

He gritted his teeth, "Of course they would for you, a princess dumbass."

My eyes widened at what he just said. "Excuse me?"

"And to remind you, I'm older than you."

"Just by a year!" I stood up to match his height. He rolled his eyes in annoyance and put his hands on my shoulders, pushing me down on the bed.

"Shut up and stay still. I'm getting some ice and bring you home in ten minutes." he said and went out.

I grumbled, punching the air towards him. With him acting like this just increased the suspicion level inside me. There's nothing I can do now. At least this time he was being kind and helped me to treat my injury.

Seungmin returned with a pack of ice. He dragged a small stool for me to put my leg on. "Stick it to your feet, don't press too hard."

Without complaining I did as he said. I rested my chin on my knees, boringly watching my hand move to relieve the pain. At this moment the thoughts came back into my mind.