f o r t y

BRO CHAPTER 40 WTF

——

It's been roughly a week.

A week since they had finished their final exam and a week since Arin was missing. There's still no news about her. It seems like she had disappeared along with Yunseo and Jisung.

Those six days were a wreck for her family, her relatives, friends and even Felix. The king had sent out his men to the operation but nothing was found yet. They suspected the possible culprits had moved to another kingdom so it took awhile for the polices to inspect there.

There were also rumors about the girl has been killed, but the authorities didn't find anything that proves her death. Hence, the finding continued.

Eunkyung badly wanted to help in searching but her movements were limited due to the injury she got from Jisung. It hasn't fully healed yet, along with Seungmin's arm.

"I lost count of how many times we got injured since the day I know you."

That wasn't a lie.

The corner of his lips curled up into a sinister smile hearing that from the princess. "You don't say."

Eunkyung simply nodded as she hugged her legs to her chest, staring blankly at the village down there. It was already night yet these two friends were hanging out at the hill, where Soobin and her old friend lived.

You wonder why?

Because she was upset at her family.

And everytime she's upset she would run to the guy who gives her comfort, even though that means she would definitely receive some teasing (because he was something else these days).

The night breeze also helped her in calming herself. But she knows that won't last long when she stepped into the castle to see some decorations in the main hall.

Those stupid decorations for her eighteenth birthday celebration.

Thinking about it makes her sick. And this year definitely won't be the best birthday celebration at all because Jisung's birthday was a day after hers.

Usually she would spend the night between with him, but after finding out everything and his whereabout is currently unknown, she's having a mixed feelings about this. On top of that, Arin wasn't found yet.

Seungmin noticed the silence after a moment. He knew exactly what she was thinking since he heard what happened a few days before. The princess argued with her family again and insisted her older brother to come if they want to proceed it, but her parents were against her.

"Some people are expecting for tomorrow too," he started. "It is an annual and compulsory thing for royals since years ago. We cannot really run from it."

She rested her chin on her arms and looked to the side, facing away from him. It was one of the time she needed comfort but couldn't face the person next to her.

"And only for one night. After that we can focus back on helping her younger siblings." he tried to persuade her. Since they cannot move everywhere freely, they decided to take care of Arin's younger siblings, Ahin and Jurin. Both children were in elementary. They kept asking for their sister and it was hard for the entire family even for Eunkyung and Seungmin.

The princess felt especially bad when tomorrow she's having a birthday celebration. She wished she could run from it and join Felix instead but that won't happen.

When all he got was silence again, Seungmin strikes a question. "Did you invite Soobin?"

Eunkyung looked back to the front and slowly nodded, "But he cannot come. His younger brother is sick."