t h i r t y n i n e

Right after the last bell rang, the students screamed and threw the papers in the air as if they had been freed from a dungeon after years.

Some ran out and yelled more, some stayed in the room to discuss while some went to the teacher to thank them.

Felix was none of those.

He rushed out and immediately leave to the junior's hall. They were just starting to go out so he stood next to the door while standing on his tip-toe to search for a particular girl with low ponytails.

But until the last person, he couldn't see her. Felix was about to leave and search outside until the teacher's distinct voice caught his ears.

"She didn't take the test?"

"She was not here after recess, Miss Ha." a girl spoke. Felix peeked in to see two girls stood worriedly by the teacher. "She told us someone wanted to meet her so she left, and that was the last time we saw her."

The teacher sighed, "Did she by any chance, left early?"

"Arin would never do that," the other girl immediately interjected. "If she had to leave she would inform the office and us first. She's never skipped school either."

"I will check with the office." the elder said. With that, the two girls nodded and walked out.

Felix quickly stopped them. "Did she say where she was going?"

They glanced at each other before the girl with a ponytail said, "She didn't tell us anything, I'm sorry."

That disappoint him. Felix could only smile and excused himself. He then went to find the princess, who was seemingly arguing with Seungmin. Again. The male sighed as he approached them, "You lovebirds fight all the time. I'm afraid if you marry each other."

"I swear the answer wasn't the last one. You did it wrong." Eunkyung furrowed her eyebrows as she slung her arms over the chest. She did not even realise the newcomer.

Seungmin shrugged, "Let's see the results later then."

"We aren't getting the papers back, idiot. It's the finals and we'll only know the grades."

"I mean," Seungmin bent forward to reach her level. "Come to my house and we'll check together."

"Ehem, hem," Felix cleared his throat as he stood in the middle of the two. "Don't mind me I'm just a hallucination."

Eunkyung instantly pushed Seungmin back and fully turned to Felix, trying to hide the light pink tinted on her cheeks, "Why are you here?"

"Arin didn't take the last paper." he informed. "She went to meet someone but never returned, that's what her friends said."

"Maybe she has something urgent to do." Eunkyung concluded while tugging on Seungmin's sleeve. The guy was startled. "It's alright, we still have a few days here and graduation day you will meet her soon so tell her on that day."

Felix hummed. His eyes were glued to her hand, "Where are you going? Home?"

"His house," she tugged more and this time, Seungmin's eyes widened. Felix almost choked on his saliva. "I need to know the answer to the last question because he's been saying I did it wrong."

"Wait, Your highness—" before Seungmin could speak, he was already dragged by the princess outside the school.

The freckled guy stood there, stunned and frozen.

"Those two... are something else..."

The next day, the news spread like a wildfire.

Felix woke up to the news of Arin's parents knocking every doors, asking if they had seen their daughter or not. He felt uneasy at the fact that she disappeared without a word. As long as he remembered, he didn't see anything weird in the girl when they crossed paths. She looked fine like usual.