s e v e n

"They told me you broke something, so I'm here to watch over you."

Was what Jeongin said. I kicked the mattress away. They were really treating me like a kid.

The night royal class was not fun. Never. The woman taught me the basic attitudes a princess needs. How can something like that be fun like mother said? Worse, I'm all alone!

Jeongin was there but he just watched or read his novel. I needed to do something productive at night. My body was not used to sitting for an hour listening to same, old, boring lecture. I have learned that all when I first got here.

It's just I didn't want to do it. It looked too formal, polite and feminine.

It made me look weak.

Groaning, I left my bedroom and went straight to the guestroom, where Jeongin was. I knocked on the door. It took a minute for him to open it. "Are you a girl?" I mumbled with my eyebrows knitted.

He tilted his head in confusion. "Am I wearing a dress?" he examined himself from down to his chest. I rolled my eyes. "What do you need? It's near pastime."

"Again, I don't have pastime," I pointed my finger towards him. "I need you to come with me."

Jeongin shut the door behind him. He looked from left to right. The hallway was empty. Only the steeled armies stood there, 'guarding' each room. I had no idea why they put the non living thing in this hallway. It looked creepy.

"Where?" he whispered.

"There's no one eavesdropping," I whispered back. He stifled a laugh. "To the guards. I want to apologise."

"Ooo, it's unusual for you to say sorry."

I sealed my mouth shut. He was not wrong. But I don't talk too much either. I only say sorry to my family, not really towards Eunji because she was an ass but yeah- I don't apologise often.

Maybe because of my ego?

The guards looked confused when we approached them. Jeongin grinned, put up a hand and waved. "What are you doing out here late at night, Your Highness?" the first guard asked.

"To apologise," I said straightforwardly. Their eyes widened. "For putting you at risk. You almost lost your job."

They bowed, "It was our fault, Your Highness. We don't deserve your apology."

"You do." I gritted my teeth. Instantly they looked up and visibly gulped. I sighed.

This is why I don't like apologising. People would tell me it was not my fault and that just made me feel more guilty. I don't like to be read, so I had to keep it to myself.

I looked away to the sky, another small sigh escaped my lips. I felt like an oldie for sighing too many times but what can I do? I'm trapped here. If that day did not happen I would be in the woods right now, practicing.

Two hands grabbed my shoulders gently. He slowly massaged it, relieving me. "Thank you, and don't worry I'm looking after her." Jeongin politely said. I could feel he was smiling at the guards. After that he turned me around, walking inside.

"Don't be too harsh." his hands were still on my shoulders, walking behind me as if I was a baby who just learned how to walk.

"You know why I hate saying sorry."

He walked next to me and nodded. We did not say anything after that. The walk to my room was a little further than usual because of my injured leg.

"If you need anything just knock on my door. But don't barge in. Have a goodnight." Jeongin patted my head.