f o r t y o n e

"What a lovely night." the queen sighed as she looked around, watching the guests danced happily. Her two princesses nodded along, while Eunji was gone to the kitchen to steal some food. The king followed his wife's steps while greeting some of the guests.

"It would be nice to have Yoongi oppa as well to celebrate her eighteenth birthday." Eunsoo pointed out with the intention to say it in front of her father, but the man was too engrossed in the conversation he's having with a close friend of his. She felt a hand placed on her shoulder. The queen smiled sadly, knowing what she was thinking. Eunsoo then continued, "But at least she has someone to enjoy tonight with."

"Speaking of which, where is she? Is she ditching again?" Eunhee mumbled. The argument between her and Eunkyung have not died yet. Currently the cold war they were having wasn't that bad to affect their family's reputation - at least for tonight.

"She went somewhere with Seungmin, I think. I saw them running away." the oldest sister replied.

Eunhee lightly nodded her head. Suddenly, her gloom face turned bright, maybe brighter than the sun when her eyes glued on something - or someone - that she had been waiting for long. Her smile as well as the queen's widened when a figure appeared.

Lee Minho, her best friend who she had developed some feelings with just asked her for a dance. Instantly, all her unsatisfied grunge towards Eunkyung disappeared as she took his hand and joined the dancing crowds. Her stomach felt giddy when looking at the most gorgeous guy she ever met clad in a red suit with his hair parted at the middle. His black jet hair complimented his truly fair skin and the perfectly sculpted face shone under the bright chandelier above them – she could go on and on the entire day talking about how this guy was straight made as the chosen one by the god as their favourites, except that she isn't saying that out loud in front of him.

Just like her youngest sister, her heart was about to burst when Minho praised her beauty in the most gentle voice ever. She couldn't hide her smile, happy that she finally got to do this with her crush. Her eighteenth birthday's dance was with someone she didn't know. He was a crowned prince from another kingdom who tried to get her wrapped around his fingers but because of the strong dislike in her, she refused to take things further. Minho knew all of that, and tonight he just made her wish came true.

Eunji came while his mouth munching on some food she stole from the kitchen earlier. She saw the bright smile on both Eunhee and Minho, and instantly nudged Eunsoo's arm. "When is your turn? Even your younger sisters managed to get a boy."

The oldest knocked her head with a fist but the smile stayed sweet on her face, "Look at you too, my dear sister. Both of them are younger than you."

"I'm not interested in finding relationship yet," Eunji shrugged while leaning on the queen's side. The mother softly stroke her hair while listening to her daughters' conversation. "I'm asking you because you're getting old. Even Yoongi oppa doesn't have a lover yet."

"Your brother's lover is going to be determined by your father, dear. He agreed to it." the mother intervened and Eunji cringed.

"That sucks."

"As long as he learns how to love then it is going to be okay," Eunsoo voiced out her opinion. "He will need a huge commitment in the marriage with his future wife and rule the kingdom at the same time."

And I wish he can do better than father.

"This is the last one, Your highness. You still need to meet the guests later."

Eunkyung turned to Seungmin while drinking the milk with a raised eyebrow. The male let out a sigh but a smile was still there on his face.

"It's not easy for me to eat these food. I have a strict diet, you know?" the princess complained as she put down the cup. "The only time I eat much is when we are doing events. Sucks being a royalty."