t h i r t y o n e

•••

"Woah."

"Do you like it?"

Little Eunkyung nodded her head in an aggressive manner, earning a chuckle from her new friend. Her low ponytail was brushed to the front and bangs parted into two as the wind blew her face. The girl spread her arms widely and sighed pleasantly.

"Be careful, you will fall." he pulled her a few steps back.

The princess turned to him, "Do you always come here, Soobin-ssi?"

The male hummed as he looked to the front, admiring the greeny mountain and a small cloud of haze coming from the village below. "I guess so."

"You're so lucky! The only thing we have down there is river and fishes. We couldn't go up here by our own because Sonia said we are still young. Then why do I see children around my age coning up here?" the nine year old girl blabbered. "Luckily Mina was there to be my friend."

Her voice slightly dropped at the mention of her two favourite people. Soobin didn't speak a word as he noticed it but then the girl smiled again, "Can we come here everyday?"

The older replied with a smile. "Of course, Your Highness."

"Ah!" she stomped her foot. "Do not call me that. You are two years older than me it feels strange. No one has ever called me with that name."

Soobin tilted his head. "Then? Should I call you by your real name?"

"Of course! We are friends now, right?" she exclaimed with a wide grin. "You are my first friend here, so I'm going to keep you forever!"

"What are you making, hyung?"

Soobin paused from arranging the small tarts in the container as his little brother peeked from underneath the table. His small doe eyes were eyeing the variety of picnic food in the basket. "What are you doing down there, Suho?"

"That looks delicious." the latter licked his lips before climbing the chair and leaned in, "Are you making a business?"

Soobin shook his head with a fond smile. His six year old little brother was a curious one. Everything he sees, he asks until he gets the answers. Or else he wouldn't stop.

"Then what?"

"I'm going out with a friend today." Soobin replied while closing the container with a lid. He carefully stacked it in the basket along with other food.

As expected, Suho's eyes glittered in excitement. "Can I come along?"

"About that–"

"Please please please!! You always bring me everywhere you go." he jumped on the chair and slapped the table a few times. Soobin cringed at the loud voice.

"Suho, you will fall."

"Please hyung? I promise I will be a good boy." the boy pouted. Soobin let out a heavy sigh.

"This is my old friend, Suho. Both of you do not know each other anyway."

The younger remained silent with the pout stilling on his face. He crossed his arms against the chest and looked away.

With a heavy heart, Soobin had to bring him along.

His mind raced at the thought of letting Suho comes with him for the picnic. He started to scold himself internally for not doing it discreetly. Suho was just six year old. If he messes up or cause a scene, how would Soobin get ahold of his younger brother?