t h i r t y t w o

The day ended pretty fast. What people say are true. Time flies fast when you are enjoying the day with your favourite person.

Any types of favourite person. A friend, a best friend, a family member, a crush, a significant other. These people could make you feel the time is jealous of your relationship. And Eunkyung wished the jealousy does not exist in it.

She wanted to spend more time with her friend.

It was already late evening. In a few minutes the sun will set to rest and pass the job to the moon to take over the sky, to tell people it's resting time so give your body a few hours to calm down after a tiring day, and it is never weak to fall asleep.

The arch of the town came into vision. A tired smile appeared on her lips as she spotted a familiar figure waiting by the entrance, reading a book while leaning on the horse. She approached him, and got down from Winter.

"Have you been waiting long?"

Seungmin looked up from his book and stood straight. He shook his head, "Just an hour. Is that long?"

"It is."

"Well for girls it isn't. They take plenty of time to get ready."

The princess scoffed, "You're really good at annoying people." she dragged Winter with the lead line and Seungmin did the same to Jasper.

He noticed the tiara on top of her head. That caught his attention as he had never seen her wearing it. For years he had been seeing her from afar, never once he saw it. Even when attending royal ceremonies, the princess was never in the same room as him so he did not get the chance to see it.

The tiara was beautiful. It complimented her beauty more with her graceful braid and dress. The stones were light lavender shade and the one on the top had a slightly darker color than the rest. As the sun shines, it reflected a glowing purple that attracted people around them to watch. Watch the princess being effortlessly beautiful just by walking with a white horse.

He could feel the heart skipped a beat. Seungmin focused back on the road, putting on a void face. He was not supposed to be thinking about this. He promised himself not to, at least not now.

At least until everything is settled.

Ah, right. "Your highness, you might want to get to the castle as soon as possible."

The princess hummed, "Why?"

"I heard the knights found someone else living in Jisung's house right now. It might be the suspect coming back."

With that, she got on Winter. "Let's go."

"You are not going to his house, Your highness." Seungmin said as he sat on Jasper. "Since he is here, I need to make sure you're home safe."

Eunkyung let out a sighed. She already saw this coming and there's no use in going against him. "I'm just going to talk with father."

The two friends made their way to the castle. Winter galloped faster than Jasper that they left Seungmin behind, entering the entrance of the castle hurriedly. Jasper slowed down while Seungmin huffed. He could only pray the talk between her and the king goes well.

"Father!" Eunkyung rushed to the office. She bumped into some knights at the door earlier, indicating that their leader must be talking with the king right now. However, the princess ignored the fact and barged in to see Haknyeon standing with fists clenching on both sides.

"My princess," the king lightly gasped. "Why are you suddenly barging in?"

"Father, I heard that the suspect is in Han's right now. Are we going to catch him?"