t h i r t y f i v e

"Father is out for a meeting with the neighbor about the dealing during this lockdown."

Eunkyung's head shot up from her breakfast. Her mother smiled sweetly at her, "Eat well, honey. You will need it for today."

The princess slowly nodded her head.

Father is not here, huh?

The whole day at the school, she did not bother talking to anyone. Her head was full of her thinking how would she approach that one suspicious lady she met yesterday. Maybe with her father away, she could move freely to his office and to spy on the old woman.

It seems like she has nothing better to do and that most likely wouldn't work.

Jisung tried to initiate a conversation but she was lost in thoughts that did not even realise him calling until the male shook her arm violently. Eunkyung immediately whipped her head to him with a confused look.

"Are you okay?" he asked worriedly.

The clueless girl nodded, "Why?"

He let go of her arm and returned to his book, "I called you so many times."

"Ah..." she rubbed her neck and gave him an awkward grin. "I'm sorry, just spacing out."

"Spacing out is so unlike you. I'm sure something else happened." Jisung muttered while doodling something in his textbook. Eunkyung just shrugged. Then her eyes went to to person in front of him.

Seungmin.

He's not ignoring me again, right? the girl monologue. The guy was writing something in his book. He was too focused in revising a subject that even when a paper plane hit his head, he didn't budge.

"Hey Seungmin, a love letter for you!" a new voice shouted.

Eunkyung tilted her head to see a chubby yet adorable boy giggling at a furiously blushing Minju. Her eyebrows furrowed.

Right, last night wasn't his first kiss.

Wait, why do I care–

"Leave it." she heard Seungmin said. Jisung sneered at that while opening the letter. "Han Jisung,"

"Come on, don't you want to read this from a pretty girl?" he chuckled. "Minju is totally worth it for the rest of your life, try giving it a shot, will you?"

Some people whistled.

When Seungmin ignored him, Jisung began to read it out loud, "Seungmin, I know you probably won't read this–"

"Han stop it."

The male abruptly stopped and looked at Eunkyung. The mischievous glint immediately disappeared.

People might think he was fine with it, but the truth is the guy was boiling on the inside when the person who stopped him was Eunkyung, the person him and Seungmin were fighting over.

"You're embarrassing not just Seungmin, but Minju as well. She didn't ask you to read it out loud." the princess calmly spoke.

"If Seungmin's not reading it then why not?"

Seungmin scoffed. He took the paper from Jisung and slid it under his book. "That's a childish thing to do I must say," he faked a smile with the whole class watching. "Seungmin one, Jisung zero."

"What?"

The taller pulled him down for Jisung's ears reach his level, "Eunkyung's not on your side this time, sadly. And I've made a move, too bad."

Felix slung the bag over his shoulder. He bid goodbyes with his friends and went out alone, to the main gate to wait for the princess.