f o r t y s i x

"Make sure father don't do anything to stop this." Yoongi whispered to Eunsoo while they hugged each other. The sister nodded and urged him to make a move before their mother could stop him for his safety as well. The parents had gone to their room at the third level right after the dinner, partly oblivious to the plan of doing it at night.

Eunsoo and Eunhee waved as they watched the troop leaving the castle in the quietest way they can with their horses. The exact location was unknown due to the very little hint Yunseo gave in the letter but with the help of Seungmin and Felix, they might be following the right track.

Noticing the absence of her older sister, Eunhee muttered, "Do you want to bet that Eunji is one of the horsemen?"

Eunsoo's eyes almost fell out of the sockets, "What?"

"Ah, nothing. Too late to chase her anyway." Eunhee waved her hand in dismissal. Eunsoo's mouth hang open in disbelief.

"And you let her be?"

"It's just an assumption. Eunji knows how to take care of herself." Eunhee shrugged before turning around to get into the castle, "I hope so."

The troop split into two. In the dark, Yoongi led the first group while Minhyuk led the second one. A few feets from them, there was a huge fallen trunk with bushes covering it. According to one of the horsemen who surveyed the area a few hours before, that was the place where they found a hidden underground door and tombstones nearby.

Yoongi signed his group to halt as they looked around. Seungmin, who was behind him felt uneasy.

There's no one...

"Duck!" a hushed voice yelled and the prince could feel his heart stopped beating when an arrow dashed past next to him.

With that, they raised their bows and shot multiple arrows. Groans could be heard from underground.

"Move." Yoongi commanded. Some men got down from the horses to make sure the door was clear. There were bodies lying in front of it.

When he thought the line was clear there were another rain of arrows. Yoongi quickly got down and his fast hands skilfully took down of them who were hiding behind the bushes.

Seungmin struggled to shoot some men on the tree branches. A few arrows hit his body but the metal suit underneath saved him and the others.

"Your highness, look out!"

He turned his head at the sudden yell and could see a guy releasing an arrow from a far distance. In a flash, Seungmin jumped on Yoongi. They both fell as the arrow stuck on the tree trunk.

"There's some on the tree." Yoongi stated in a hushed tone when his eyes met with a guy who pointed the arrow towards him. Before he could do anything the guy suddenly fell.

"How many are they?" a girl's voice asked while bringing down people she saw on the branches.

Yoongi pushed Seungmin away and scrambled up. The younger yelped as he stumbled a horse's leg and quickly got up as well.

"What the hell are you doing here, Eunji?"

The princess faced him, "No time to talk. There's a back door a few feets away from here and Seungmin is coming with me."

"Commander Lee is taking over the back door."

Ignoring the prince's remark, Eunji rushed to where the back door was and Seungmin followed suit. There were a few men fighting yet they managed to get through them. They slid down the slippery moist grass to reach the back door. The wooden door and wall were covered by leaves, making people did not even realise there's a hideout down here. Eunji stepped over some dead bodies while Seungmin covered his nose in disgust.