t w e n t y f o u r

note! ••• means flashback!

"I have one question."

"You're already asking "

Seungmin blinked his eyes with a blank look. The girl is definitely suddenly changing. "That's so lame, Your Highness. No offense."

She cringed at her own joke and nodded, agreeing with him. "What is it?"

"Why did you bring me here again?"

Only the sound of the waterfall answered to his question. Eunkyung's eyes followed the water flowing below her with her leg swinging back and forth in slow rhythm. It was clear, she hesitated to answer yet Seungmin was still waiting.

"I argued with my sisters," she started with a low voice. Seungmin almost could not hear her because of the loud sound of the stream. "My father keeps saying I cannot go anywhere alone, and mother is disappointed in me. I think your father is mad too?"

Eunkyung looked at him who had his eyes widened a bit before shaking his head. "He isn't anymore."

She nodded thoughtfully and returned to the front, "In short, I disappoint lots of people. So I need a short escape to give them space. They won't care if I'm gone with someone they know and trust. But I still don't trust you though." she lightly joked.

"That hurts."

"As it should." a small chuckle left his lips.

"But you disappoint me too."

Her heart suddenly clenched in guilt. She lowered her head and the rhythm of her feet went a bit faster to avoid awkwardness. "But I don't have anyone to go with."

Seungmin secretly smirked at the answer, finding it funny. "I'm just joking. At least you left a trail for the police to hunt him."

"And I don't think you're not upset with me even a little bit," she ignored what he said earlier. "You must have a lot of hesitation when Eunji asked you to continue doing this. I don't know how many times you've cursed me in your mind because I don't listen to literally everyone. Everyone is sick of me wanting to find the person who killed Mina that night and the on-going murderer. It's... it's like a chaos started because of me." she let out a bitter laugh and looked away to the waterfall.

"When you're injured you cannot go anywhere or even join the archery class, so I thought of bringing you here. I thought if I'm being nice to people they would slowly accept and forgive me. That's the main reason why... I brought you here," she sighed. "I'm sorry."

To say Seungmin wasn't speechless because of the confession was a lie. It can be said this was the second time he saw her letting out her inner feelings. The two sat in silence. Eunkyung went back to staring at the water flowing in front of her with dim eyes.

Honestly speaking, Seungmin wasn't sure how should he react. Because the assumptions were not true but would the girl believe it? Probably not.

"You're being suspicious with Eunji, though. But I'm sure she'd be furious if I try to find out." Eunkyung spoke again, catching him off guard.

Seungmin's heart skipped a beat. He silently gulped as his mind messed with him.

Should I tell her now or...

"Why don't you just tell me?" she looked at him and asked. He blinked his eyes a few times, letting out an unsure hum.

"Have you draw the man's face?" he changed the subject.

Her eyebrows furrowed, "Is he related to the past?"

"If... if we show it to the king he might know, who knows?"