s i x t y o n e

"It's all destroyed."

Eunkyung's shoulders slumped as sadness washed over her. The pretty cottage she used to lived in and treasured for years was gone. Everything turned into ashes. She threw a wooden plank away with a long pout on her lips.

Half of the village was destroyed. Now they had to clean up and build new home for the villagers. The princess suggested (more like insisted his father) to build them bigger than the original sizes and add a small park for the children to play. The king couldn't do anything other than to agree since his wife also told him to do it.

Maybe some of the people finally knew that their king was a kind hearted ruler yet still have the selfishness in him. All because of the guilt towards Yunseo, he neglected his role as a king.

"Should we return home now?" a guard asked Eunkyung. The girl lowly hummed as she eyed the surrounding. Her chest felt heavy. She did not want to leave but staying her makes her feel hurt more. So she left.

However, instead of going home, the princess requested the driver to send her somewhere else. It didn't take long for her to reach the destination. As soon as she arrived, she ordered them to return without her. She didn't need guards anymore.

Behind her was a small academy. The building looked a bit old but because of it, it became the uniqueness of the place.

Eunkyung took off her tiara and hung it on the sleeves of her pocket. She could only see pictures from the window display but not anything from the inside. She pushed the door open. The bells jingled.

"Welcome!" a voice chirped and the person turned around. Immediately, a huge smile appeared. "Her Royal Highness, what brings you here?"

The princess looked around while humming. "I would like to buy something."

"Apologies, princess. This is a painting academy wherein we teach students, we don't do buying."

"Oh," she nodded as she approached him. "Is it possible to buy young archer Kim's lunch time? I believe he is supposed to have his lunch by now."

A small giggle erupted from him while Eunkyung just smiled smugly. Seungmin quickly kissed her cheek. Immediately, the smug smile disappeared, being replaced with a shocked look. She looked around, afraid if some students saw her but luckily they were alone.

"I prepared lunch today." Seungmin stated while taking off his smocks. "Have a seat, my young lady."

Said girl tried to suppress her smile. Even after awhile of being together, he never fails to make her heart flutter and she loved it. Eunkyung hoped it will still be the same after years, she didn't mind at all.

Seungmin opened the lunch box he brought from home. The sweet aroma of the homemade meal greeted them. Eunkyung made a silent squealing noise while lightly kicking her feet.

"It looks delicious." she said between gritted teeth, excited.

Her lover chuckled. Ever since they got together the princess had been showing her hidden side (as what he called) to him, and it was adorable. Seungmin always resists to pinch her cheeks when he got the chance to but at times he just does it, earning a small whining from her.

"Open your mouth." he raised the chopsticks to her lips but the girl shook her head and took another pair of chopsticks.

"I can do it by myself, not a kid anymore."

But at times.... her duality change way too fast.

"What are you painting today?"

"I'm finishing the one I started three weeks ago," Seungmin replied. Eunkyung nodded thoughtfully and opened her mouth to let the guy feed her subconsciously. "It needs a bit touch up."