t w e n t y e i g h t

Right after the main gate of the castle was closed, Minho jogged back to Seungmin who was waiting. The younger just remembered he was the prince looking guy he briefly met after the detention the other day. "Are you Princess Eunhee's boyfriend?"

Minho blinked his eyes a few times, "Boyfriend? No, I'm not. Just friends."

"You two seem close." Seungmin figured out that maybe Minho still doesn't get the teasing Eunkyung gave. Princess Eunhee definitely has a crush on her 'just friends'.

"Yeah, best friends."

Ouch, maybe that hurts more.

"Did you... hear what she said earlier?" Seungmin hesitantly asked.

Minho nodded, "That's Princess Eunkyung, right? Eunhee told me she doesn't always get her emotion controlled, especially when she's mad."

"She sort of like that... until a few days ago."

"Maybe she's upset in herself," Minho continued. "For hurting you again. She didn't like you since the first time you guys met but something changed, and she's willing to treat you better. That's why she's mad."

Seungmin sighed. He didn't realise that.

"And you ignoring her is probably because of the crush." Minho chuckled. Seungmin's cheeks slowly heated up. Maybe it was true, a guy is quick to catch up if someone likes a girl because apparently, "we are guys too."

"She knows I like her only as a kid but not now. She's relieved."

"Maybe because it is weird for her. She used to hate you."

"You seem to know a lot of her. Are you sure you're just friends with Princess Eunhee?" Seungmin teased.

"If only you're not friends with Princess Eunkyung I would have buried you here." Minho heaved a sigh while stomping his feet on the ground. Seungmin nervously chuckle at the threat. It sounds emotionless but the fact that the older said it with a straight face scared him. "I heard from Eunhee, her sister might not know this yet but about the suspect she was chasing, there's a reason why they are not searching for him thoroughly."

Seungmin looked around as Minho lowered his voice purposely, "Why?"

"Ask her. If you don't know then she might doesn't want you to know."

"Why are you telling me this then?" Seungmin sighed.

"Or she doesn't know it yet." he ignored the guy's question and shrugged. "Yeah, maybe that."

The younger guy looked away. He grumbled and muttered under his breath, "He's so annoying."

"Maybe that's why Princess Eunkyung despises you."

"I can't believe you're friend with her sister."

With that, glares were the ones who parted them away. Seungmin found no use in waiting for him a few minutes early just because Minho wanted to talk.

"He what?!"

"Eunkyung,"

Eunhee pulled her youngest sister down as their mother sent a warning look while the father took a deep breath.

"He is the original clan of the Cho's, Cho Yunseo. I'm sure you know the history of this kingdom already."

"We wouldn't if it's not Eunji who found the book." Eunkyung replied, unsatisfied with her father's action. "So if he's the Cho's then we cannot do anything to him? He tried to kidnap me, he nearly shot us and he lived with Han, the guy that all of you told me to stay away from."