t w e l v e

third person

Asking Seungmin to come along was not really a good one. The King was delighted when his princess suggested it to him — with a hesitant Hyunjin — but what she never expect was to be in the same car with the guy. As what her father said, “should he be with you in the same car, after all we cannot let him alone when you are the one who invites him.”

In short, Eunkyung regretted this.

Worse, when she was in her formal dress and Seungmin wearing a dark grey long sleeves button up shirt that has extra laces dangling at the wrist area, and a long red coat on top of it matching with a pair of pants that had the same color as the shirt. He almost look like a prince, undeniably attractive with the minimal make up on his face. Earlier that morning when he arrived Eunkyung could see the smoky shade on his eyelids.

She hated that.

The ride was quiet. Seungmin had his eyes attached to the outside where trees surrounding them. He looked calm, while the girl was freaking out in the inside because of the dress she had to wear.

It's hot!

The dress she was wearing was the least dressy for her, as a royal. It was a navy blue dress, with the long sleeves are very sparse fabric, exposing her arm underneath. The lower part of the dress was not as big as she used to wear when she had to attend ceremonies. Overall it was an okay, but sitting here next to Seungmin just added the hotness and uncomfortableness in her even the guy did not even do anything.

Seungmin glanced towards the driver at the front seat. He then turned his head to her, only to see she was struggling with her dress.

"What's wrong?"

That startled her. Seungmin gave her a questioning look while she frowned with her lips pursed, a perfect visualisation of someone who needs help but hesitant to ask them.

"Nothing."

The guy blinked his eyes once before nodding, turning back to the window. Eunkyung let out an inaudible sigh as her hand tried to reach the zipper on her back. She didn't realise it was not zipped properly until she felt her hair brushed over her skin.

Unfortunately for her, her hand couldn't reach it. Moreover when her hair was in the way.

"Need help?"

"W-what? No." she shook her head but Seungmin leaned closer to her side.

"Lift your hair." he said while his eyes moved to the sit in front of the princess. The girl secretly gulped as she did what he said. With that she could feel Seungmin's hand reaching for the zipper. His fingertips lightly brushed on her skin which made her tensed up.

Seungmin zipped the dress, and leaned back to his seat without sparing a glance towards the girl. If she was to be honest, she really appreciated him for not looking but would she say it out loud? No.

The approximately thirty minutes finally came to an end. This was Seungmin's first time going down here after nearly ten years. He could see some of the villagers lined up to welcome them. He got out when the car stopped and went to Eunkyung's side while looking around.

"If the King is now here, will the villagers tell him about the murder?" he asked in the lowest voice as possible, leaning down a bit to match Eunkyung's height.

The girl shook her head lightly, "If he's bringing another royal for a tour, the villagers will not talk to him as a sign of respecting the visitor."

"Won't he ask about the royal reporter?"

The girl remained silent as her heart shattered. Seungmin could not tell what she was feeling at that moment since she had to keep her face smiling. But the glint of sadness was evident in her eyes.