t w e n t y t h r e e

They were back in the art room.

Just like the other day, Jisung paid attention to the painting of the apple. They had abandoned it for a few days and the due was near before the presentation date yet here the duo were, still haven't finished painting the one apple.

The room filled with silence as the fierce teacher walked towards each groups to see the progress. Eunkyung nervously waited for her to come and give her views of the idea but at the same time she wished the woman won't.

"Done." Jisung muttered. "Is it okay?"

Eunkyung paid a glance and nodded. "That looks great."

"Should we continue until she comes or wait?"

"I think we'll just continue." the girl whispered back and picked the paintbrush. The sketches of the tree was visible so she tried not to mess things up.

Jisung noticed the nervousness in her. Just as when she wanted to put strokes on the paper, he held her wrist to stop her. "Why are you so nervous?"

Eunkyung remained silent. Jisung took her paintbrush and drag the stand back in front of him. "It's alright if you cannot do it."

"No it's not that–"

"How's your progress?" a female voice suddenly appeared behind them. Eunkyung lightly jumped in her seat while Jisung just turned his head and nodded.

"We're doing fine, madam."

The teacher stared at the newly built apple. It was too quiet that Eunkyung nervously fiddled with her fingers on her lap. Jisung on the other hand started to paint the tree, as if the teacher's presence didn't bother him.

Well, she didn't bother him at all.

"Good. Make sure to finish it before the presentation day."

"Sure do." Jisung replied with a smile and the woman left to another group. Eunkyung unknowingly let out the breath she was holding, earning a questioning look from her partner. "Are you okay?"

"Just nervous." she whispered and attempted to take the brush from him but Jisung dodged it.

"You can start for the leaves and apples later." he said.

"But you're already doing so much–"

"You giving ideas is enough." the guy cut her off as he continued doing his part. "I'm finishing this in a bit so you can start soon."

"I'm sorry." she sighed.

Jisung just shook his head as a sign of it's alright. Eunkyung just watched him silently. She couldn't stop thinking about the fact that the unknown man was from Jisung's house. Her mind was in misery.

The princess still couldn't believe that Jisung was related to the man she was chasing the other day. She used to send Jisung home every night after the sword fighting class so she wouldn't get it wrong. The house was surely his. He lived together with the man.

Usually Eunkyung doesn't think about this too much when they are in class but because she wasn't doing anything, the thoughts flooded in.

She saw a blank paper laying on the floor, probably fell out from her file. While Jisung was working on the tree, the girl grabbed a pencil and started to sketch.

Sketching the man, without her realising. She just started with the face shape when Jisung spoke up.

"Are you doing anything today?"

"I have to go somewhere after school ends. Why?"

"Oh... family errands?"

"Not really," she hummed. "Just clearing my mind. I'm fighting with my sisters again." she half lied. Jisung didn't know about the incident in the woods and she didn't plan on telling anything. Not after she saw it in front of her eyes.