f i f t y

Minju rang the bell.

She fixed her hair and smiled for better appearance. The bag she brought was checked a few times before she heard the door opening.

"Who is it?" a man clad in archery suit walked out. He squinted his eyes to get a better look.

"Good morning, sir. I am Minju, Seungmin's friend." she politely bowed.

"Ah!" he snapped his fingers. "I remember you. My son's partner for a project."

She smiled, "Is he here?"

"Seungmin is still sleeping, I suppose. He returned home late last night from the castle. It's early in the morning, what brings you here?"

A small crack formed inside her. Her smile slowly flattered as she guessed the possibilities of why he was there. At night. Nonetheless, Minju handed him the bag. "I've got some presents for him. I was busy yesterday and have somewhere to go after this. I apologise for disturbing you this early, sir."

His father took the bag and nodded. "What a kind soul you are. Thank you for remembering his birthday because he was sad he couldn't do anything due to his injury."

"I wish him for fast recovery." she bowed once again. "I'll take my leave now. Have a good day, sir."

Minju left the neighborhood. Her fist clutched the strap of her hand bag as she felt a lump in her throat. She knew Seungmin was not going to be pleased if he found out she was there, but that was the last thing she wanted to do.

Instead of going home, the girl had a driver to bring her to the shore. There, a huge ship was waiting. A lot of boxes were being carried on the ship and she spotted her mother hugging a few of her friends. She approached them.

"Where's father?"

"Oh, my princess. Here, say goodbye to my friends. Your father is already on the ship to arrange our stuffs."

Minju did as what she was told. Her heart clenched as she listened to the women's cries and sad talks. She tried to hold her tears.

After living here for 19 years, her family decided to expand their boutique business. They had gained a lot of profits for the past years and wanted to go to the next step. The boutique here was going to be managed by her trusted assistant.

Minju persuaded her parents to let her stay mostly because of friends. She knew it will take a long time for her to make new friends at a foreign place but after a few discussions, the girl decided to live with them.

"You will get a better study there as well, my princess. We have surveyed the schools there for your future studies." was what the mother told.

She had no choice. She was sure she wouldn't do well if she's apart from her family anyway.

Hence, to Gracine they go.

Eunkyung's face turned bright red.

She just opened the gift from Seungmin after taking a morning bath. What inside was a bit unexpected. She thought it was going to be a dress when she felt the material last night.

Turns out it was a nightgown.

The princess dropped face first on her bed while clutching the lavender colored nightgown to her chest. Her heart was pounding violently. She couldn't stop smiling until her cheeks hurt. So this is why Seungmin acted weird when she wanted to open it.

"A nightgown? Really?" she chuckled shyly. Suddenly the girl turned into a whole different person. The cool Eunkyung seemingly had disappeared, thanks to the Kim Seungmin effect.