s i x t y

a lot of fluff fluff

The moment cut off short when she suddenly felt a warm body embraced her tightly. Eunkyung gasped at the sudden action. Without realising, a clear tear rolled down. She recognised this, she recognised him. Immediately her hands wrapped around his body and sniffled.

"I miss you," Seungmin closed his eyes tightly as he muttered those words. "I miss you so much, princess. I really do."

The girl silently sobbed. Both of them could not describe the feelings after not seeing each other for a month, Without exchanging words or news. She buried her head in his chest, letting the tears wetting his cloth.

"I'm so sorry." she cried.

"Where were you?" he gently caressed her head before kissing it. He let his lips lingered on it for a few seconds. He missed this. He missed everything about his young lady. When seeing her in a safe condition he couldn't be more grateful. He was so relieved but couldn't deny the disappointment when she disappeared without a word.

His lips moved to her forehead. Eunkyung closed her eyes at the warmth.

"I was..."

"Later," Seungmin cut her off while wiping off the tears. She could see tear stain on his face as well so she did the same. Both of them erupted into small laughter. "I'm glad you're safe and sound coming back here."

"Of course I am. I promised myself to return safely to meet you. It's horrible without you."

"Then why did you run away, love?" he sadly smiled while stroking her cheek with a thumb.

Her heart burst at the name he used to call her but at the same time it hurts her to see him like this. "I need... I need to make sure you're safe."

"By leaving?"

"You're hurt so many times because of me, Seungmin," she said. "After we became friends you were shot, you were stabbed and I even hurt you with my sword, yet I still keep you next to me."

"But that was before-"

"And after we vet together things got worse. You were stabbed once again, fell into coma and I was there, I couldn't protect you even you've done it so many times for me. My family insisted you to take care of me yet I couldn't return your sacrifice. It makes me so-" she cut herself off with a sob.

"Eunkyung,"

"It makes me feel useless, and a disappointment. I'm upset at myself and I feel guilty for making you go through all of these. Your life was better before we became friends and I feel sorry for not being able to give you your previous life. I am not capable to do that, I'm sorry."

Eunkyung broke down as she confessed while Seungmin held her shoulders. he pursed his lips in a thin line. His hands gently caressed her arms.

"You know my life is better after meeting you," he said softly. "As long as you're safe next to me there's no need to run away. We promised to be together in this, remember?"

"But still,"

"A princess should never feel guilty towards someone who is protecting her," he cut her off. "It's a command and I'm more than willing to do that. I'd even die for you so please, don't vanish on me just like that. It was hell. That hurts more than being stabbed honestly."

They chuckled at the last sentence. "I'm so sorry."

He shook his head with a smile. "Aren't you cold? Why are you going out just in this?" he rubbed his fingers against the thin material of her clothing. Eunkyung shivered a bit. She didn't think before leaving the castle earlier.