e i g h t e e n

Because the driver didn't know when the princess will return, he didn't pick her up. And Eunkyung understands that.

The idea of walking home alone sounds great but Seungmin was there to accompany her. She knew if she protested he won't listen to her until she allows him. As much as the girl disliked it, she had to give up.

"Are you going to class this evening?"

The princess shook her head. "Father lets me, but I don't want to meet anyone yet."

Seungmin lightly nodded. "And seems like you have a guest."

Eunkyung raised her head to see someone was standing at the front gate with a familiar figure. She tilted her head while trying to make out who was the unknown guy.

"You don't know him?"

"I've never seen him." she replied. Upon arriving at the gate, Eunkyung blinked her eyes in confusion. "Eunhee eonnie,"

"Oh, you are back! Mr Lee was worried when you didn't appear, my little sister. Luckily Felix informed it to him."

"I apologise for that, Seungmin got us into trouble."

"With all respect, excuse me?"

Eunhee softly laughed. The third princess of the royal family was known as the most polite one. Her gestures are graceful, the way she speaks could literally melt any heart who heard the voice.

"What did you do?" she asked with a smile.

Eunkyung glanced sideways to Seungmin and the guy looked away, suddenly finding the sky interesting. She rolled her eyes, "We skipped the first two classes unintentionally."

The unknown male stifled a laugh, "High school kids won't ever skip classes unintentionally."

Eunkyung raised a brow as she looked at him. If she was to be honest, the first time she saw him she thought he was a prince. The defined and sculptured face and jaws, with his milky skin and the eye-catching feline like eyes, anyone could fell in love at the first sight. But a prince wouldn't come to the castle alone without a horse. "And you are...?"

"Lee Minho, Your Highness. I'm your sister's friend." he politely bowed.

"Ah, the one she always talk about during— nevermind hehe." the intention to tease Eunhee failed when the sister's eyes turned into a glare before quickly went back to an eye smile. Even Seungmin could feel shivers ran down his spine. "Anyway, you got the look. She chose the right one, haha."

But if Eunhee's mad, she'd be the most scary one. She is the peacemaker between Eunkyung and Eunji, so when Eunhee threw a warning look, even her older sister, Eunji, would lock her mouth.

"Hm?" Minho lightly tilted his head to the side with an oblivious smile, as if he didn't understand what the youngest meant. "Is that a compliment? I'm honoured."

"Your Highness, I think I should go now," Seungmin tugged on Eunkyung's sleeves before whispering, "Your sister is getting scarier. I'll see you tomorrow."

Eunkyung awkwardly laughed when she turned to meet her sister's threatening look. "You know what? I'm going to the archery class today so I'll take my leave first. Have fun, uh, Minho!" she pushed Seungmin in the face and carefully walked past by her sister.

Then she ran.

Wind breeze greeted her cheeks, swaying her hair to the side. Some of it hit her face but that made her smile at the feeling. Trees peacefully moved from left to right as if they were bidding her a good evening. Birds flew in flock, chirping as a nature music to the ears. The square, brown houses looked so small from up there with a few grey haze being released, probably the villagers just finished burning trash. There were small lines of fence around the village that protected them from the forest where wild animals roam at night.