f i f t y t w o

He missed her.

The last time they met was when they made things official between them. After that, both were trapped in their own houses.

Not for Eunkyung, but Seungmin didn't know that.

He leaned against the headboard and rubbed his bandaged stomach. The pain already faded if he pressed on it. There was a huge scar, though.

He moved his leg. The pain from the arrow and sword had gone too. Then why is he still required to rest? He's fine now.

"Ahhh I wish we have bird sending letters. I don't even know how is she doing." a small pout formed on his face as he slid down to lay on the bed. He stared at the sky outside the window. It was sunny and bright. A perfect day to picnic or go to the waterfall. And in the evening, bring Jasper out for a walk.

He had so many plans in his head but obviously could not achieve any of it just yet.

Seungmin hummed a sad melody.

He was just being dramatic but anyways-

"Are you awake?" a knock startled him. Seungmin got up to see his father at the door, shaking his head lightly. His son had been like this since the day after his birthday. School ended, and he couldn't even study so all he did was laying on the bed.

"I think you should bring Jasper out. He's been knocking the fence since yesterday."

His eyes lit up, "I can go out?"

"Just at the field. They are not caught yet."

The guy nodded his head vigorously and instantly rummaged his closet. His father faintly smiled before closing the door. It did not take long for him to changed and bolted to the stable.

"Jasper my beloved~" he sang. Said horse stomped his feet once before looking away, his hair swaying to the side. Seungmin laughed. "You're so dramatic. I was injured, okay?" he nagged while opening the fence. The guy put a saddle on top of him and wore the lead line. "Off we go, knight."

"You speak horse language?"

He was startled once again at the new voice. At the entrance of the saddle, stood Eunkyung in her misty blue long tunic and white pants. The girl tilted her head with a judging look and crossed her arms against the chest.

A wide smile appeared on his face as he approached her with Jasper. "You don't talk to your horse, Your highness? How sad."

"I don't talk to Winter with my beloved." she quoted what she heard earlier. Seungmin playfully scoffed and patted her hair, his smile turned into a bracket shape as he adored the blue headband and her wavy hair. It looked like she curled it a bit because it wasn't this wavy before.

"Are you a mind reader?"

"What?" still salty (not really), she displayed a stoic look.

"I was just thinking about you before father asked me to bring Jasper out."

"I asked your father to make you bring Jasper out, actually." she turned around and exited the stable. Outside, Winter and two guards were waiting. "We're going to a picnic."

His eyes lighted up, "Really?"

She hummed when she finally smiled at his excitement. "Since it's been quiet awhile we bring these guys out,

let's race."

The race eventually turned into a mission to escape from the royal guards.

Both Winter and Jasper galloped down the hill faster than they had ever done. The guards were long gone behind. They couldn't catch up to the lovers because of the food and drink they brought. Eunkyung purposely attached the basket to the guard's horses instead of Winter.