f i f t e e n

Seungmin watched as the girl focused on her discussion. She seemed comfortable even after this afternoon's event. Maybe it was an act. An act to cover herself from blurting out her inner feelings towards her nine years best friend.

He didn't know how much she's going through. One thing for sure, it hurts.

Minju waved her hand in front of Seungmin's face. The guy blinked his eyes in realisation and he apologised afterwards. Minju just smiled.

"Dandelions, right?" Seungmin adjusted his position in the seat as he earned a nod from the girl.

"A humble flower," she sketched a picture of a dandelion. "When the puff balls dispersed into the air it symbolises freedom and youth to explore the outside world on its own, leaving everything behind."

A smile appeared on Seungmin's face. "For some teenagers freedom is their main happiness. It brings joy, power and determination to do something new along with the newfound endurance they have never felt before."

"And purity. The new white shirt that's going to be painted with their future," Minju continued as she drew grasses. "Leaving the parent who might have left dark spots on them."

Hearing that, his smile faltered a bit. He rested his chin on his fist and stared at the beautifully drawn dandelions in a field. "Like it or not, the dark spots give lessons. Somehow it helps them to be a better one."

Minju nodded, "As much as they hate it, they should thank the parent for growing them up in such ways. Then maybe, after that they are free to do whatever they wanted. Just like the dispersed puff balls. They flew somewhere far and never meet them again."

"Our mind is linked."

"Absolutely," Minju chuckled as she finished the sketch. "But this can be seen on two sides of stories which made it a bit complicated. The one we are thinking about is a voice of a disrupted child because of their parents. What about the good ones?"

The guy thought for awhile. His eyes travelled around the café, watching people walking by and some students hanging out at the fountain nearby. They were sitting outside the café under the small umbrella that stuck up on a table. They could have gotten a better temperature inside, but sitting outside can help them brainstorm. So here they are, despite the hot weather.

Eunkyung and Jisung were two tables away from them. Earlier Eunkyung told Jisung that right after the discussion she will be going to the archery class with Seungmin. Her best friend just shrugged, cared less about it.

Seungmin's eyes fell on the princess.

"If they are separated from the good parent..." he spoke up, eyes not leaving her. "They could meet with them again if fate brought them together. But not directly, it can be through connections."

Minju's eyebrows furrowed at that.

"When a flower is bloomed it will have its own puff balls. The puff balls disperse and if it's fate, maybe they can meet their parent's parent."

A small laugh escaped the girl's lips. "The possibilities are most likely zero point zero zero seven percent because the parent might have died."

"Yeah, sucks to be a dandelion." Seungmin smiled a bit as he averted his gaze away from Eunkyung. "But connection still exists. Whether through hearts or physical."

"That's a sad part of a dandelion, despite being a pretty flower. They need to be apart with a parent."

Seungmin's chest unknowingly clenched at the words. He nodded with a forced smile. "Only the lucky ones get to meet them again."