t w e n t y

"It seems like you're the one who needs a ride." Eunkyung bravely took a step forward as she looked from down to up. "Don't want people to see your dirty pant sleeves, do you?" she tilted her head to the side in a mocking manner and a sinister smile.

However, the man didn't move as he seem to be amused at this one girl who had no fear towards a stranger. Precisely, a person like him. "Why would I be ashamed of walking in public with the tiniest dirt ever existed?"

"Tiniest," she scoffed. "Whether it is obvious or not, small details matter, you know?" Eunkyung slowly walked around him while keeping a fair gap between them.

"This is not the royal territory, so it should be fine for me, don't you think?" he chuckled as she came in front of him again.

"Mhm? I'm sure if you're from here you would already know who I am." she shrugged and without giving him a chance to react, the girl grab his coat and yank it the side, revealing what's inside. The man tried to shove her but she was quick to grab his wrist and gripped it tightly. He winced.

Two knives and a pair of gloves were hidden behind the cardigan in the pockets. Eunkyung let out a small laugh while looking up to him, "You should have picked a blazer instead of this shabby cardigan, mister. And following me here isn't worth it."

With that, four armed knights with guns in white royal outfits stepped out from behind the bushes and marched towards both of them. Eunkyung swiftly took out a gun from under her sleeves and pointed it to him,

"You're the murderer, aren't you?" her voice dropped and her eyelids were hooded to the point he swore she was not the nervous girl he saw earlier. "The river brought you here and sadly, you don't have the chance to clean those dirt because the worm is just in front of you, alone, wandering around like a lost kid. Who are you to let go of the chance to find me just like that?"

The man cursed under his breath. If he made a move to grab the knife then his life would have ended right there. Without thinking much, he grabbed the princess' wrist and pulled it forward until their bodies harshly bumped onto one another. The action startled them and that made Eunkyung accidentally pulled the trigger to the ground. The loud gunshot immediately caught attention from people who lives nearby and soon, screams filled the area with some people running to their houses.

The man dropped Eunkyung to the ground and immediately ran away, camouflaging himself between the crowd.

"Take the outer road, I'll chase him from behind." the girl ordered and the knights disappeared behind the rows of buildings. Tightening the hood and hiding the gun back under her sleeves, she ran after him.

Chaos had broke in the entire neighborhood. She had to be fast before he got to the town, where most people go during the weekend.

However, it was too late. They already entered a path heading to the main circle. An arch with a huge banner of "welcome" hanging on was the sign of them approaching.

This is bad.

"Move away! Move out of my way!" the man's yelling echoed in the hallway. A few women squealed in shock and some of them were pushed to the side. This angered her.

Where the heck is the knight–

"Move—!" he bumped on someone's shoulder hardly. He hissed while looking up to the person he bumped onto to see a familiar looking teenager with a girl next to him. Unexpectedly, he stumbled a few steps back.

The younger male looked at him in confusion. Before he could do anything, the man pushed him to the side and continued running.

Unfortunately, the younger male crashed into Eunkyung and they both fell. The girl hissed at the sudden impact and her leg felt numb for a second.