t h i r t y s e v e n

The deafening silence made it worse for her. Jisung suddenly stared at her with an unreadable look and she knew at that moment, something bad would happen, at least what she has read from a novel her sister forced her to read. Eunkyung was not a fan of reading but thanks to that one novel, she knew where she was now.

Her hand grabbed the empty plastic bread, "I'm throwing this out." she stood up and walked to the rubbish bin placed at the back. The princess tried to walk faster but the injury limited her movements. By the time she had thrown the plastic, she heard door closing.

Eunkyung snapped her head to the sound source and saw Jisung locking the doors. Both doors. The front one and the back.

Without saying anything, the male walked to her with a sigh. He pushed her to the wall and placed his hand on the injured area. His hot breath hit her skin while rubbing the pain area gently. The girl winced as she closed her eyes in fear and he lowly chuckled, "Eun..."

Her name that rolled out his tongue somehow scared her. She braved herself to open her eyes to see him tilting his head to her covered stomach. Then he looked up with a smirk, "Ah, so unexpected," he played with her strands of hair that fell forward. "Who knows my princess here fight people with actual sword?"

She couldn't say anything when the fear crept up. Jisung suddenly turned into a different person for her. The playful Jisung was gone, being replaced by a... rather someone with possessive eyes. Eunkyung pushed him away only for him to pinned her back on the wall and pressed the wound. The girl whimpered.

"So you knew," he hummed. "I wonder who told you that? Kim Seungmin?"

"He didn't do anything," she said between gritted teeth when she felt the pain worsen.

"Don't lie, princess. You know what's gonna happen."

"I knew long ago, Han." she gripped his wrist and yanked it away from the wound. Jisung stared at her in amusement. "I just don't see you in that way, just best friends. But when I found out you killed Mina you've turned this best friend into a foe."

"That coming from a heartless princess, I'm not surprised." he shrugged. "No wonder you are fine with losing friends."

"Seems like we are the same then, you're heartless too." she stifled a laugh with an aching heart. Losing people was the last thing she wanted to happen but she was just good at hiding it. What's the point of displaying pity to the person who killed her own close friend that she considered as a sibling?

Jisung did the same thing again to hurt her. Eunkyung groaned when he kept on applying force against her wound. She tried to pry him off. "H-han,"

"This is the most 'heartless' thing I've ever done to you," he leaned in dangerously closed with his voice filled with venom. "All these years I have been protecting you from being killed by Yunseo, have you ever thanked me? Did you even notice that?"

Her eyes were teary. He was too strong for her to fight back. Both her hands were cuffed at the back by his one free hand. The male looked at her with a small laugh, "What that guy have in him that I don't?"

"He-" her breath hitched when he tugged her wrists. Before she could say anything more, a few knocks interrupted the two.

Jisung immediately let her go and she fell, clutching her stomach in pain. He went to the front door and unlocked it. 

There, stood Minju in confusion. Jisung said none and left.

The newcomer came in and looked around. She let out a gasp when seeing Eunkyung crouching on the floor, crying. Minju rushed to her and lifted her, "A-are you... I'm bringing you to the clinic." she carried the princess and went to the clinic. A few pairs of eyes watched them and whispered to each other. Minju was sure the news will spread fast when the hurting girl was the princess. She ignored people asking as her focus was to bring Eunkyung to get treated.