t h i r t y e i g h t

"To think of it again, it is unreasonable. And childish."

Eunhee sighed at her youngest sister.

"Keeping him because father is guilty? That's ridiculous! He's led me into his trap, hurt Seungmin, and... and hurt me and Mina when we were kids, father is still not going to do anything? He's only mad when something happened to the economy but not safety!"

Eunkyung walked back and forth while her three sisters watched.

"Father is out of his mind."

"Hey," Eunji stifled a laugh at the remark. "You're stubborn just like father. Who goes fighting with her friend in the village?"

"At least I am helping them."

"And get injured." Eunji finished while nodding. "Understood."

Eunsoo lightly shook her head at the two. "How are we going to tell Yoongi oppa? The moment he knows the reason why he would come here and take action by himself."

"Just don't tell him." Eunhee muttered.

"It just doesn't make sense why he is guilty towards an enemy." Eunkyung, who was still not done with her frustration continued to pull her hair as if she was going to rip them out.

"They must be friends," Eunhee mumbled. "I remember Yoongi oppa telling me father used to have a friend but parted ways because of betrayal, something like that. Yoongi oppa doesn't know who, though. He heard that from mother."

"That must be Yunseo then." Eunji casually concluded. "Anything to add?"

"This is useless." Eunkyung said. "Really, really useless to talk about unless if we– no. Unless if I do something because it's not like you're going to do anything."

Eunhee shot her a glare, "Watch your mouth."

The younger scoffed, "No."

"You are acting like only you care about this whole thing."

"Isn't it true?" she taunted. "If I hadn't met Seungmin that night you would still be keeping secrets from me– you know what? I'm tired of talking about the same thing all over again."

Eunhee released her hand from the chair and approached her. "Then don't speak," she spat. "Don't speak like you have the authority to do everything when you have rebelled almost all of the rules here. Among us four, you're the odd one, you know that?"

The room fell silent.

Eunkyung stepped back when Eunhee stopped in front of her. The sister then continued, "All those unmatched behaviour for a princess, you realised you have put a bad image on our siblings yet you ignored it with the swording and fighting craps."

"Well, I don't intend to be weak like you."

Eunhee's eyes twitched.

"So now is taking a self-defense class for a princess is wrong? Sure. Help yourself when danger comes." Eunkyung coldly said. "And fight them on your own."

With that, she left the room ice cold.

"You look really hungry."

Eunkyung looked up with her mouth full off the noodles she was savoring while Seungmin shook his head lightly. He gave her a tissue to wipe the corner of her mouth but she furrowed her eyebrows, telling him she was eating and wait a bit.

"Did you not eat?" he asked.

The princess munched and shook her head.

"Why?"