I thought you loved me

Legolas's wedding was now only one week away and everyone was rushing to get ready. The person who was working the hardest was Almwen, she wanted her son's wedding to be perfect.

Emarilia still had not told anyone about her engagement, but she was planning to tell her mother first, after Legolas's wedding. To make sure no one found out, she always kept the ring in her pocket, instead of on her finger.

She really wanted to visit Kili, just once, before Legolas's wedding. Emarilia decided to go to Erebor today to see Kili and she would return home the same day.

Emarilia had to ask Thranduil for permission to go and she was afraid that he would say no.

She was walking around looking for Thranduil, and she eventually found him in the kitchen with Almwen.

When her parents saw her they smiled.

"Good morning, darling" Almwen said smiling.

"Good morning nana" Emarilia was planning on only asking Thranduil, but since both of her parents were there, she decided to ask both of them. "Can I ask both of you a question?"

Thranduil and Almwen's faces were etched with worry. Thranduil motioned for her sit and said "Of course"

Emarilia sat down and said "I-I, um...I was wondering If I could go to Erebor to see Kili today. It will be quick, I will leave and return today, please?"

Thranduil and Almwen looked at eachother then at Emarilia. Almwen sighed "Emarilia, it's just that we are so busy preparing for Legolas's wedding-"

Thranduil added "Emarilia, we want you to go, we really do, but if you go to Erebor, someone will need to escort you to keep you safe on the journey and from Thorin. We are too busy and I'm afraid there is no one to take you..."

Emarilia filled with sorrow and calmy protested "But Ada, it's only for today...I haven't seen Kili in two months. It's just a little visit, I'll only be gone for the day."

Thranduil was about to reply, but Almwen knew what he was going to say and said "Thranduil, you should take her. Like she said, it's only for today. You are the best protection she has. She deserves to go..."

Thranduil sighed and asked "Are you sure?"

Almwen smiled and answered "I'm positive."

Thranduil turned to Emarilia and said with a smile "Let's go saddle your horse and my elk..."

"Really?!"

Thranduil chuckled and answered "Really"

Emarilia jumped into her father's lap and hugged him with all her might. "Oh Thank you ada so much!!"

Thranduil chuckled and wrapped his arms around her in a hug.

Emarilia then pulled away and hugged her mother. "Thank you nana...I love you" she whispered into her ear.

Almwen smiled from ear to ear, hugged Emarilia and said "You're welcome darling, now go, your father is waiting."

Emarilia smiled, kissed her mother goodbye and walked to the stables with Thranduil.

When they finished saddling their horses and elk they set off to Erebor.

-°-

Four hours later:

Thranduil and Emarilia had just arrived in Erebor and they were exhausted.

Emarilia descended from her horse and Thranduil descended from his elk.

Emarilia hugged Thranduil and said "I'll be right back Ada..."

Thranduil became worried and asked "Are you sure you don't want me to go with you?"