The pain of the past, and Emarilia's hands

Thranduil and Legolas stayed in the room with Emarilia for hours. Eventually, Legolas fell asleep next to his sister, and Thranduil fell asleep in the chair that he sat in. After a few hours, Legolas woke up. He slowly sat up, and realized that his father was awake already. "What time is it ada?" Legolas tiredly asked his father. Thranduil said "It is the middle of the night, go to your own room and get some rest Legolas". Legolas replied "Ok" kissed his sister on the cheek, and whispered to her "I hope you get better soon, and I'll take care of you" Thranduil began smiling from ear to ear at his son. Legolas slowly got out of bed, and walked to his room, closing the door behind him. Thranduil then looked at his helpless daughter, as she was sleeping through her pain. For the next 15 minutes, Thranduil was stroking her hair, and comforting her. Suddenly she awoke but started screaming in pain. Thranduil jumped on the bed, and lifted her into his arms. Emarilia's screams turned into cries, and she began to sob so hard, and she kept telling her father "It hurts ada! It hurts, make it stop please!" Thranduil's heart was slowly being broken. All he could do was hold her close, and tell her that it was going to be alright. Legolas, and the healer had heard Emarilia's screams, so they both ran to the king's room to see what was going on. As they entered, Thranduil looked to the healer, and frantically said "She's in pain, find some medicine, something, anything!". The healer said "I'll be right back" she was off to go get some medicine and herbs. Meanwhile, Legolas jumped onto the bed, next to his father, and Emarilia who lay in his arms sobbing. Legolas stared at his sister, heart broken, and rubbed her back trying to comfort her. The healer ran back in, and sat next to them on the bed, and Thranduil put Emarilia down. The healer wrapped both of Emarilia's hands delicately and carefully, trying not to hurt her. She then crushed several different herbs, and mixed them with warm water. After she finished, she was about to hand it to Emarilia to drink, but then remembering her injured hands, she handed it to Thranduil, and told him "Here, make sure she drinks this, It will take her pain away, and help her sleep." Thranduil took the tea, and Thanked the healer. The healer then left. Then Thranduil held the cup up to Emarilia's mouth to drink. After a few sips, Legolas said "Ada, can I do it?" Thranduil smiled at his son who was eager to help, and said "Of course my son". Emarilia would've been smiling from her father's and brother's help, but the pain was so bad, that she didn't know how to express herself, she just stared at the ground with tears in her eyes. Legolas began to give Emarilia the rest of the tea, and after a few minutes she drank it all. Thranduil then nuzzled her to his side, and wrapped his arm around her. Legolas wanted his sister and his father to be alone, so he got up to leave, but he stopped when he heard "Legolas.." he turned around and it was Emarilia who had spoken. "Thank you, for everything. You are an amazing big brother. Words cannot describe how thankful I am to be your sister" Legolas was smiling, ran back to the bed, and hugged his sister. "I love you" Legolas said, "I love you too" Emarilia replied weakly. Legolas kissed his sister on the forehead, and then left the room. Thranduil sat there in awe from what he just witnessed. It warmed his heart to no small extent. They both sat there in silence for a long time. But suddenly Emarilia broke the silence and said "Why did you give me away?" Thranduil was shocked and replied "Don't you already know?" Emarilia remembered her guardians saying that her father gave her up, because she reminded him of his dead wife. As time went on, Emarilia realized that that was the stupidest reason to give up a child, So she just said "Please, just tell me". Thranduil took a deep breath and said "The orcs were coming to attack the palace, because there was a war and I killed their leader, so they wanted to kill a child of mine, and they wanted you. I knew that you were no longer safe here, and I tried to hide you, I really did, but I had to give you up to a new family so that you would be safe and hidden." Emarilia sat in silence, she began to cry, and asked "W-What?M-My guardians told me that y-you gave me away because I-I reminded you so m-much of the queen, I mean....my mother, and that I upset you for that reason, and that y-you couldn't bear to l-look at me...." Thranduil immediately shot up out of bed, and said "WHAT?!" He ran out of the room, and to the dungeon with three guards. He opened the cellar that Gilrond was in, and dragged him out by his hands. He wanted to kill him.