Legolas's Wedding

Everything was perfect. Mirkwood was decorated with white roses everywhere and white silk was wrapped around trees and pillars.

It was very early in the morning, and Emarilia was in bed, peacefully sleeping. She was awoken when someone knocked on her door.

Emarilia groaned and shuffled to the door. It was a maid and she was holding a dress.

"My lady, I'm sorry to wake you, but you need to get ready, and I'm here to help you."

Emarilia nodded and opened the door wider for the maid to enter.

"Here's your dress..." The maid said handing it to Emarilia.

Emarilia tiredly nodded and walked into the bathroom to wash her face, brush her teeth and change.

When she stepped out of the bathroom she was fully awake. The maid told Emarilia to sit in a chair in front of a mirror so she could do her hair.

The maid began to brush Emarilia's long, silver-white hair that she inherited from her father. She then braided it and pinned it around the bottom of her head, keeping a few strands loose to hang freely in the front. She then began to weave little white flowers between the braid.

When she finished she said "All done! You look beautiful Emarilia"

Emarilia smiled shyly and replied "Thank you..."

Suddenly there was a knock at the door and Thranduil entered.

He was wearing a long, silver tunic. His long hair spilled over his shoulders and ran down his back, perfectly straight. And on his head he wore a silver crown.

Emarilia stood up, smiling. Thranduil gasped and said "We have a problem"

Emarilia's heart dropped and her smile shifted into a frown. "W-What's wrong?" she asked full of fear.

Thranduil chuckled lightly and replied "Emarilia, you're not supposed to look more beautiful than the bride..."

Emarilia blushed and said shyly "Thanks ada, but you haven't even seen Carrie yet. I'm sure she looks stunning."

Thranduil smiled and hugged her tightly.

"You don't look too bad yourself ada" Emarilia said looking up into her father's eyes.

Thranduil chuckled, kissed her cheek then said "I'm going to go check on Legolas..."

Emarilia nodded and said goodbye.

Emarilia turned to the maid and asked "Do you think you could find me another dress?"

The maid frowned and asked "Why? The dress you have on is beautiful, you look breath-taking."

Emarilia replied "That's exactly why. I don't want to take attention away from Carrie..."

The maid approached Emarilia, put her hands on her shoulders and said with a smiled "Emarilia, don't worry. Besides, every ellon won't able to take their eyes off of you, maybe you will meet someone..."

Emarilia smiled weakly, what if she was right. Finding someone new would help her forget about Kili. Emarilia smiled and replied "You're right, thank you"

She hugged the maid tightly, then left her room to speak with Legolas, she needed to check on him.

When Emarilia entered her brother's room, Thranduil and Almwen were already in there. She saw Legolas sitting in front of his mirror and he was shaking. He was terrified.

Legolas said "W-What if I trip walking down the aisle in front of everyone!"

Almwen rubbed his back and said "Legolas, dear, you will not trip-"