Chapter Eight: Legendary Griffin

My Brother Heinry is going to join the expedition today in the Griffintoft Forrest. It was called Griffintoft because like its name thousands of years ago the Griffins used to live in this forest but now they cease to exist. They were going to check if there was any miasma or impurities roaming around.

Miasma is like the poisonous gas like air that only occurs when impurities are present. They look like animals but way creepier and scarier. They look like they're rotting when they're not.

I wanted to come with him because in Harry Potter, I've always wanted to go to the Forbidden Forest now I have a chance!

No.

The answer I first got from my father. Well not a good sniffle and a few crocodile tears couldn't fix.

"Heinry, make sure to keep your sister safe. That she's always beside you, you know how she likes to wander around." Mother was reminding Brother Heinry about me. Its not like I cannot escape from him hehe.

We are now in the forest and gosh it looks amazing here!

I saw a trail of gold light and I pointed it to my brother but he said he couldn't see it

I saw a trail of gold light and I pointed it to my brother but he said he couldn't see it. Heh time for some investigating 🕵🏻

I slipped away from brother when he was distracted. I followed the trail until I reached a dead end? I went near then I slipped pass it, woah. It was a cave. The gold trail was still there so I continued. I saw a huge gorgeous griffin but there was something wrong. I don't feel a heart beat. Next to it were two a smaller griffins one is a beautiful silver white and the other a golden white.

 Next to it were two a smaller griffins one is a beautiful silver white and the other a golden white

They were crying

They were crying. Aww I feel sorry for the little fellas but Dang I thought they were extinct!

I went near the larger griffin and performed a purification ritual. This ritual is for the dead so they are pured and they can be sent peacefully to the afterlife. Light shown the larger griffin then I heard a voice.

Hello young human, if you hear my voice then I must have passed away. If you managed to come to this cave then you are worthy of being the master of my son. There is another baby griffin there. The mother of that griffin has passed away before I did. She is at the back of the cave. I do not know the gender of that baby golden griffin but I hope you take care of it as well. They are the last of our kind. Tell my son that I love him. Thank you and farewell . . .

. . . Ha...that's so sad. I went to the back of the cave and there was the other mama griffin. Both mother griffins have the same color as their child. I proceeded to do the Purification Ritual and went to the two baby griffins.

They looked at me and I smiled at them. I opened my arms to show them I mean no harm but instead they flapped their wings and snuggled in each of my arms. I looked at the golden griffin and noticed that it was a girl! How fortunate that one is a boy and the other is a girl! I hope they can reproduce together and continue the race.

(A/n: [March 13, 2022] Just to clarify, Ares and Hestia are NOT related. I don't know how you got that idea but anyways, Hestia's mother died just a few moments before Ares' mother did. I hope you understand in no way could Ares' mother have taken in Hestia when she knew full well she was about to die and why would I even support Incest? Thank you :))

"Do you want me to name you two?"

Both of them nodded in reply. Woah they understood me. I looked at the golden griffin.

"Would you like the name Hestia?"

She nodded.

"Does Ares sound good to you?"

He also nodded.

Suddenly they both bit me.

"Ouch! What was that for?"

"Do you hear us?" Hestia asked.

I was shocked for a moment so I just nodded.

"Thank god! I love the name you gave me! Ares, sounds cool!"

"Me too me too! Hestia sounds like a goddess's name!"

Because it is hehe.

"Let's get going you two, my brother might get worried. My name is Guinevere Elvira Celeste Kinsleigh by the way."

"How do your companions usually call you?" Ares asked me.

"Ginny, why?"

"Then we'll call you Celeste-sama!" Hestia shouted with glee.

"Sure whatever makes you comfortable :) "

I went back to where my brother was. Both Ares and Hestia entered my mind space and stayed there for now.

"Ginny! Where did you go?! Please don't run off like that, you had me worried!"

Brother Heinry rushed over to my side and hugged me.

"Hehe sorry Heinry Onii-chan, I won't do it again(not) I also have a surprise when we get home to show you guys."

"Ok then let's head home, we're done anyways"

We then headed home and I gave my family one of the greatest shocks ever!

---------------------------------------------------------

Hi there! I'm just wondering is the story good?

I'm kinda worried cause its the first time writing a story.

I also have another one called I'm their Matchmaker. Have a nice day I hope you can tell me your thoughts! (◍•ᴗ•◍)