Chapter Thirty-eight: Jinx

-Emrys' POV-

"W-why are you hugging me? Is something the matter?" She worried as she turned around and checked my body.

"Are you hurt anywhere? Are you tired perhaps? You must have used to much mana from earlier, you need to rest." She continued on and urged me to sit down.

"What's your name, beautiful miss?" I asked smiling at her.

"Oh, ah erm...*sigh* just call me Elvira"

"Why do you bother covering your face with a mask? We've already seen what you look like." I whined and Forrest agreed.

"Because I want to, plus why are you wearing a mask huh? Same reason right? we want to hide our identities. It's just that you only saw mine for a split sec only though! It wasn't that long, I doubt you'd remember what I look like anyways." She shrugged.

"What do you mean, m'lady? I remember every detail of that beautiful face of yours." Abbadon voiced out playfully, appearing out of nowhere right behind her.

"BLESS MY SHITAKE MUSHROOMS! OH GOOD GOSH! " She jumped in surprise, when she calmed down she faced Abbadon and stared him down.

"He..hehe, sorry." He apologized.

"*sigh* it's fine, as long as you're sorry. I need to leave now since my friends must be looking for me by now." As she said those words two gryphons charge right at her and tackled her down on the floor.

"Celeste-sama! Are you ok?? did you get hurt?" The brown gryphon worried.

"We did our best, Celeste-sama! We made sure not to kill them! We did a good job right?" The white one continued, suddenly it looked more like a dog than a gryphon.

"*giggle* I'm perfectly fine and if you really didn't kill them then I suppose you do deserve a reward." She patted their heads.

How envious..why must she pat their heads? For some weird reason..I don't like it. She doesn't notice it but we've encountered each other more than several times already. She's quite the interesting lady but somehow she reminds me of someone... Her laugh is very beautiful, it's like a graceful melody going through my ears..aahh~ I wonder what other beautiful sounds she can make? Fufufu~

"Are you gonna leave, Elvira-chan?" my eyes formed into crescents to show that I'm smiling at her. I held her delicate soft hands.

"Oh, yes I am. After this we are going to rest, I guess." She thought.

"Yes, you should rest...the last time we saw you, you had faint dark circles under your eyes." Forrest suggested as he got up and stood in front of her.

"Thank you for your concern, u-uhmm...kind sir?" She turned her back on us and I'm pretty sure Abbadon used his magic on purpose to make her trip.

"Be careful, m'lady~" Abbadon chimed as he caught her.

'You're actually smart for once, Abbadon.' I smirked in satisfaction and said through our mind link.

'Anything to keep this lady here.' he replied.

"Ah, sorry. Sometimes I'm a bit clumsy..Thank you!" She stared at the floor confused.

"Anytime, m'lady." He kissed her hair.

"oOoK?" 

-Guinevere's POV-

Ok..that's something.

"Elvi-chan!" I heard Isadora call out my name.

"Down here!" I yelled out.

I heard footsteps then Ophelia's wings peeked out, she flew down and was breathing heavily.

"*wheeze* I beat you, dumbass." She smirked.

"Nu uh, you had a head start." He said as an excuse and she just stuck her tongue out at him and hid behind me.

"Well, we really have to go. Have a good day!" I said and teleported all of us back to town and got a bit of something to drink then we went back to the estate and rested.

"Phew~ we just wanted to travel and what we got was more work." Clementine sighed.

"We're beat." Haxley slumped into the bed and I felt like he knocked out.

"Leave him alone, he's just tired." Miri waved off.

"Where are we going to next? I think I have had enough our empire." Noel complained.

"How about the Draigoch Empire? It's practically the next door neighbor." I said.

"Why not? anywhere but here." Isadora rasped.

"Hopefully nothing more will happen there. Ha, it's not like anything big would always happen whenever we go to other empires." Landon laughed.

We all just stared at him, even Haxley who was just sleeping.

"W-what? what did I say?"

"Landon..sometimes you need to learn when to just SHUT UP!!!" Isadora pounced at him and out of nowhere a large paper fan came out of thin air and she smacked him with it.

"YOU. FRICKING. IDIOOOTTT"

...

We were riding a public wagon to go to Draigoch Empire. We were also kinda nervous since Landon just jinxed us again. I hope nothing really major happens. I just want to enjoy a peaceful stay in Draigoch. 

"Look, I can see the palace from here." Mirielle whispered as she pointed at the palace past the gates of the border.

Whew~ I really just hope everything goes well in here.

To be Continued . . .