Chapter Forty-five: Hades

-TW: MENTION OF DEATH AND BLOOD-

Cubs and Baby Magical beasts that were too vulnerable to fight were drained off of their blood. They were from different species and were all hanging from the bottom down. I ran to the body of a Mountain Fire Dreagle, looked for any sign of life but, dead..dead..they were all dead.

I-- don't possess any power..to revive the dead.

I went further down following the trace of the King Trigan's cub hoping it was fine. I heard faint yips and shrieks. A person, he was standing right next to the Trigan King's Cub. The Cub was hanging upside down, blood dripping down from its mouth into a vial bottle.

The man fell down, his eyes were only visible but he was looking at me with horrified eyes, I mean who wouldn't? My glaive dripped with blood while I have his legs in my hand.

"WA- AHHHHH" He yelled in pain, curling into a ball position. I landed a kick to his body, making him fly across the room and through the rock hard wall.

I rushed to the Cub and remove it from it's bounds. I immediately chanted a healing spell all across his body but it wasn't working.

"What..What do I do?! I don't want him to die!" I was panicking, I have built a fear of death, not to me but to others excluding my enemies. After my first life, I hated the thought of death especially to those who were taken off from theirs forcefully.

I guess it's trauma.

My tears dropped down from my eyes, the cub is so young. I don't want him to die.. Suddenly Ares summoned a temporary dome around us.

"Celeste-sama, make him your familiar." Hestia stated inside the .

"What? How is that going to help??"

"Our lives our dependent on you, if you die we die with you, that is the familiar contract." Ares responded.

"AND YOU NEVER TOLD ME THAT?! IF THAT WAS THE CASE THEN I WOULD HAVE NEVER MADE YOU TWO INTO MY FAMILIARS! DO YOU KNOW HOW DANGEROUS IT IS TO BE TIED WITH ME? I AM DESTINED TO FXCKING DIE! YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO LIVE A LONG LIFE WITH ME! YOU-YOU'LL DIE!"

"What" Ares stared at me with confusion.

"Let- let's talk about that later but if you make him your familiar, he will live." Hestia stuttured.

"I can't, they aren't tamable Hestia."

"They are, you have to take their core."

"WHAT?! HELL NO! I'LL KILL HIM THAT WAY! WHAT THE HECK?!"

"Celeste-sama, relax. It will only kill him temporarily, you just have to absorb his core. If you don't do it now then he will really die." Ares retorted.

I looked at the nearly lifeless cub in my arms. I shut my eyes and clenched the glaive.

"I'm sorry little fella, I'm so sorry.." I cried.

I placed the Trigan down and made a clean cut right to it's core, I hurriedly grabbed it with shaking hands and absorbed it. I brought the cub back into my arms but nothing was happening.

"No..no..no." I chanted a healing spell but alas, nothing. I sat there looking nowhere, memories of my past haunts me at times like these. Screams of my comrades dying, blood of innocent people spilled in the war made by greed of the rulers behind it.

*Hng*

My head whipped down and a new core was building inside from where I took it, the core before was dark blue but now it was a clear aqua. The hole patched up and color was coming back to the lips of the cub.