Chapter Sixty-three: Gotcha Now!

We opened the door and as soon as we did, a spectacular scene played in front of us.

"Greetings your-"

"Let's get a divorce. "

I who was drinking water was about to spit it out when Dimitri had covered my mouth before I could and I was thinking the day just couldn't get worse..

- - - 

We were riding our familiars just to travel to Septhis Empire as it would take a large amount of time to get there, all of a sudden the clouds turned gray and the smell of rain made us go into a halt.

"Let's stop for the day." I said as we settled down.

The clouds turned gray and we could smell in the air that it was about to rain. We quickly found shelter in a nearby empty cave. We would have gone to an inn however we were currently in the middle of nowhere.

Emrys set up a barrier around us within a 10-kilometer radius. We sat down around a fire while Ymir and Forrest fixed up the food to eat. They told me that I could rest by the bed they created with creation magic.

It was new to me to do almost nothing while they fixed everything up...it reminded me of my past life as Minatozaki Sakura. Aside from my platoon where Zed and the rest were..I had a separate group of friends. They were quite an odd bunch but they were fun to be with. Though I did get ridiculed as a woman being too close to men.

I doubt they liked me at the time though others said opposed my thoughts, I truly saw them as well as just close acquaintances. They were Emperor Fujiwara Hirohito, General Iwane Junichiro, General Tojo Masashi Second Prince Fujiwara Akito, and Third Prince Fujiwara Souta. Both Princes were brothers of Hirohito but despite being younger than him, they looked much older. Next were Chancellor Hinode Yamato and lastly. Marquis Kajiyashiki Daisuke.

" Hirohito.." I mumbled as I stared at Emrys whose mannerisms matched perfectly with his.

"Yes? " He responded while turning around. 

For a brief moment, we just stared at each other.

"..."

"..."

"E-Eh?" I blinked at him.

Emrys just smiled at turned around. I could feel that the atmosphere became more intense. Wait for a second, let me rethink back to the times we have fought together. It just came to me that it was all too familiar..

Was that why when we were fighting the Chaoledeus everything went smoothly? The alignment, the formation, the fighting-style, ...why haven't I noticed this before??

I waited till they all sat around the fire before I started talking,

"..I think I would be much more comfortable if I let out something in my mind, will that be alright?" I asked.

"Of course." They all replied.

"You have heard from Zed *ehem* Prince Zed that I have lived multiple lives, am I correct?" 

"Yes, we did." Forrest confirmed. 

"I last life I lived, I died at the ripe age of 22. My name was Penelope Hilda Wilz, I was called to be a musical prodigy but died an unfortunate death of being run over by a large vehicle." 

"You were run over by a large vehicle?? Did you feel it?? I hope it was a fast and quick death." Rizon worried.

"It was actually, I suppose it was a death on impact kind of thing."

"Before that, I was Briar Joyce Evergreen. I lived as a scientist, you could say it was our alchemists in the present. The longest I have ever been alive, 23 years old. Died because of an explosion and poisonous gas inside the lab after an experiment gone wrong by a co-worker," I told them with a slight laugh, I can laugh at my own death, ok.

"P..Poisonous gas?? Explosion???" Lucius stared at me, disgruntled.

"Yes, it did hurt for a few minutes but I died right after. It was fine, to be honest." 

"My second life, I graduated very unnaturally early as a Doctor. I was 20 and I died at 22. My name was Yvennica Risaylle Mendez. My cause of death was because I was given too much anesthetic after a car accident."

"I practically woke up in God's judgment room." I laughed but they still stood quiet and listened.

"Next was the most memorable one, I don't think I can ever forget my first life. I lived until 23 but when I was Joyce I was a month older than when I was in my first life. My name was Minamoto Sakura." I said and looked up to see their reactions, I caught them red-handed with just an utter of my name.

"M-Minamoto Sakura?" Ymir coughed away his stutter.

"Indeed so. I was the Blue Knight's General for Emperor Fujiwara Hirohito of Japan. Japan is a country back in my world. It was a precious country that I will never forget especially since I fought hard with people I loved."

"H-How did you die?" Dimitri asked.

"...There was this man. He was supposed to be the right-hand man of Emperor Hirohito and I was entrusted with his safety to leave against the rebellion. Instead, when I had my guard down to protect him, I was stabbed at the back with a long katana."

"..That's when I knew, I failed my mission. Not the mission to protect and avenge my friends and citizens but the mission to kill the one who started it all. I was protecting him the whole time, and I was killed by the same person." 

"Could you name who he was? Which one, to be exact?" Abbadon questioned. 

'I knew you wouldn't be able to resist, now for the finishing blow.'

"Actually it was more than one person, it was the Emperor's brothers...Akito and Souta." I said, saddened.

"It wasn't me though! I swear it wasn't me who killed you!" Rizon lost his composure and stood up.

"Neither was it I, I'm pretty sure it was that bastard Keiichiro. He was pretty talented in disguise and he was the only one who can attack a great general like Sakura in such a backhanded and dirty way." Abbadon added while crossing his arms.

"How would you know the name of my killer. Huh, Abbadon..or should I say Akito?"

"..."

"..."

"A-About that.."

"I got you to now, you bunch of idiots!!!"

To be Continued. . .