Chapter Thirty-nine : Imprint

(A/n: YoU iMprIntED oN mY DaUGhTeR?!)

We arrived in Draigoch Empire safely. A cottage was near the town so we rented that one out. During oyr first week stay at this empire, everything seemed to be going well.

Nothing a mess was happening and so far this is the most peace we've got in a long time.

"Elvira-chan, let's attend this!" Clementine gave me a piece of paper excitedly.

Opera House in Kelstone Town.

Jasmine Belle Delinthe's Diamond Stage. This is her last performance due to her retirement.

Scheduled time: 8:00pm
Theme of clothes: Formal.

'Hm..an opera? I've never really been a fan of opera but if they want to then why not?'

"Of course, have you told the others?" I asked.

"Oh yeah, just not Haxley yet." She remembered and left. Fufu~

"Celeste-sama, I don't feel good about this.." Ares said warily.

"Hm? Why? It'd is just an opera performance?"

"I don't know..maybe I'm just imagining things."

"No, if you think there's something wrong then let's keep alert in any case something does happen ok?" I smiled.

"Yes, thank you Celeste-sama"

...

We all wore formal clothing and headed for the opera house

We all wore formal clothing and headed for the opera house.  The performance was spectacular, I wonder why she is to retired though but it is none of my business.

"Thank you so much for attending my last performance. For I will be crowned the heir of my house tomorrow." She smiled brightly. Her family has a lot of pride to name her their heir. There is only a few noble houses that would do that.

" A toast! Thank you so much for letting us experience your amazing performance, Lady Delinthe. To your success!" The man beside her raised a glass. Everyone cheered and drank wine.

*crash*

Lady Delinthe dropped her wine glass then blood poured out of her mouth as she collapsed to the floor.

"a-AHHHHHH" people screamed in terror.

"C-Call the doctors! Immediately!!!" 

"Elvira-san.." Zed looked at me.

"I know." I lifted my dress and ran to her body. I checked her pulse if there was any and it was faint. 

"Heal " I casted on her body.

She glowed then soon regained her complexion. Though she was still passed out. 

"Now..who the heck did this?" I scrunched my eyebrows in displeasure.

"I-Is she alright?" The man from earlier asked.

"Yes she is for now, please take her somewhere safe." Noel said and they walked near me already in our party get up. I should change later as well.

"So..do we help solve this case, Elvi-chan?" Ophelia asked.

"Ha...It's not like we have a choice. We'd feel bad if we didn't." I sighed.

To whoever did this, curse you. We were supposed to take a break and this is not a break.

"No one comes out of this place. Lock everything up." Landon instructed one of the knights. Soon the parents of Lady Delinthe arrived. They were in a total state of panic and demanded to see their daughter. When they saw that she was fine they calmed down.

The knights and the rest interrogated each of the staff and all the people who went inside the kitchen and winery. Everyone had an alibi and it all seemed complicated. 

The wine was 75 years old and have never been opened. It was just popped open today infront of the camera hidden so it had proof that no one tampered with the wine. Not even the maid who served it.

"Elvi-chan." Isadora whispered.

"Yeah?"

"Poison magic..there's a spell that you can cast to inject poison into objects without tampering with it nor touching it. I can feel that there is still a trace of magic in the bottle, whoever did it is a half blood demon. We demons can detect our own kind." She whispered into my ear.

Interesting..this is Haxley's specialty then.

"Haxley." 

"Don't worry, I heard you guys." He then smelled the aura the magic was emitting and followed it's trace. 

"They're related to Lady Delinthe, a family member perhaps but it is not the parents." He reported.

"Excuse me for my rudeness, but may I inquire if you have any close family members that lives nearby?" Clementine asked the parents.

"Why?" The Father stood up and raised a brow.

"So that we could find the person who tried to kill your daughter." Haxley said straightforwardly.

Isadora and Mirielle were identifying what type of poison it tried to use. What specific spell since that information could help. If they can find out what type of poison it is then they can point out which person who did it since every caster imprints the poison with their identity.

That way you can't even deny the claim.

"Well..there are." The mother said.

To be Continued . . .