Chapter Sixty-six: Varkorik

"Nevertheless, before we leave for the palace we must find out who those other two other people were. Abbadon placed the Onyx mark on one of them so we don't need to worry too much for one but that leaves us with two." I stated.

They were all wearing high-grade cloaks that prevent you from seeing their faces but it didn't shield that one guy with a receding hairline. It's either he is an old man or someone who is not blessed with good hair. If that is the case then I hope he loses more.

"I may not know who exactly they are but I could identify what race they were," Ymir revealed to us. My eyes widened at my newfound knowledge.

"Beastmen can identify the difference of race..by their scent??"

"Indeed we can, most especially us who are in the royal family. Our senses are heightened to an incredibly high level that to us, different races have separate scents. We can't explain it but we can differentiate them."

"..Woah." I nodded my head, impressed.

I can't do that, the most I could do is sense Impurities but that's about it aside from animals and monsters.

"Alright. To begin, one of them was from the Dragon Race and the other was from the Demon Race."

"The chances of Duke Bartholomew being the one that is the Demon race is quite likely but in case, let us not rule out the possibility that it isn't him," Forrest said.

We continued on our journey to the nearest town in the Septhis Empire. I can't get my mind off the patrolling knights that were killed last night. Usually, the uniforms of the morning patrolling Knights are different from night patrolling knights.

The ones from last night bothered me since they were wearing Morning Patrlling Knight Uniforms. Even I am aware of the rules in my kingdom with Patrol Knight and their identification crystals.

It basically also functioned as passes.

They also differ in color based on their territories. By territories, I meant the Kingdoms.

Septhis Empire is split into four Kingdoms, Balminath (ruled by Gargoyles), Varkorik ( ruled by Faeries), Egrellen (ruled by Fauns), and Korgallach (ruled by Incubus/Succubus).

"Abbadon, do you remember what Demon race specifically were the patrol knights corpses last night? Also, the color of the uniforms they wore." I asked

He stopped and thought for a brief moment, "They were from the Faeries so the Varkorik Kingdom. They wore the dark blue uniform that had green crystal identification cards so they'd be morning patrollers.." He trailed.

"Exactly so following that, it meant that whoever went there, if they had to illegally enter the Kingdom then they aren't welcomed there..am I correct?"

"..Yes, you are. There should be a log in the main council house of those who are prohibited to enter the Kingdom. If we can eliminate our variables one by one, we might be able to find out who that person is."

"*sigh* I really am just the smartest." I flipped my hair jokingly.

But that meant that we were heading into a whole different Kingdom. We were supposed to go to Korgallach, and Varkorik is in the opposite direction.

"We must go there as soon as possible, seeing as they have taken the identification cards then they surely have something planned to do in Varkorik." Rizon pointed out.

"But aside from passes, what do the Identification cards serve as?" Emrys asked.

"Identification cards of patrol knights only function as passes. They can enter any town within the Kingdom without anyone stopping them." Dimitri further explained.

I wonder..among all the Kingdoms they could enter, why one that certainly does not welcome you? What does this kingdom have that no other kingdom has.

. . .

As Abbadon has the most knowledge of his own empire, he teleported us directly in front of the gates of the Varkorik Kingdom. We showed our IDs and we passed effortlessly, those corpses were indeed morning patrollers as they wore the same uniform.

We stepped down and roamed around the Kingdom. I was confused as to why Abbadon hasn't informed his parents about our concern but he said that he doesn't trust anyone in the Palace. Not even his own parents, not because they are untrustworthy but because he doesn't see their strategies as competent enough.

Abbadon was a General as well, He was General Tojo Masashi, an excellent strategist that led to many of our successes.

We checked the log that Abbadon spoke of and only saw a few ones listed that were from the Dragon race. There were only two in the Demon race but they were in prison so it was impossible to be them.

One though, caught my eye in the banned from entering the list for the Dragon Race,

Count Adron Bordu Ulbem

During the time I first entered Draigoch Empire, I was heading to Brevod Kingdom but had to make a stopover for a quick moment in their territory and he accused me of causing a ruckus in his town when I was just preventing the Trigans to attack them.

I'll never forget him. That asshole.

"Why are you staring at his profile as if you want to kill him?" Lucius asked, amused and concerned.

I told them about my experience when I first encountered him, I told them about what I found of the corpses of the magical beasts in a hidden space as well as Trigans being exploited.

"That's oddly suspicious." Forrest's eyebrow knitted into a frown.

After a while, we decided to scour the Kingdom by splitting up. I went together with Rizon to Ferrenvil Town. When we got there, everything seemed fine. Nothing out of the ordinary but this town does have plenty of small magical beasts.

"Aww, what is that cute fella called?" I practically melted by how cute it was, it had similarities to a rabbit.

"That is a Ravitt, similar to a rabbit but they possess magic, hence a magical beast." He told me with a smile.

"Oh, what kind of magic do they have?"

"Dark magic."

"Dark Magic? That's quite a high level, don't you agree?"

"Surprisingly, here in Septhis there are plenty of Dark Magic attributed magic beasts. Though I suppose Varkorik have an abundance of them.

"That's ...interesting," I said out loud.

More hours passed and we finally decided to gather again and talk. I saw Lucius playfully playing with a weapon so I came closer to see what it was. I can't say I wasn't surprised but now I think I have a guess on who it may be.

"Lucius, where did you get that knife?" I asked him.

"Hm? Oh, I saw it at Harrow Forrest at the town I visited."

"..Do you know who owns that knife?"

"No..why?"

.

.

.

"...It's from a subordinate..of Count Ulbem."

To be Continued . . .